Discover open practices for incremental process changes to assist in your DevOps transformation journey.
Open Practices for your DevOps Journey (TL250) prepares a student to facilitate and participate in discovery, planning, and delivery of projects where DevOps transformation is desired. At the end of this course, you will establish a toolbox of select practices and rethink your approach to cross-functional team projects. Utilizing new skills will enable your organization to effectively discover team purpose, align on project options, and deliver value that achieves target outcomes.
Course content summary
- Discovery practices that support creating alignment on who and what is desired to be created.
- Delivery practices that support creating quick and effective means to deliver and reflect.
- Options-pivot practices that support prioritization and organizing work to be logically completed.
- Foundational team practices that support team collaboration and communication, and technical concepts.
- How work visualization and remote collaboration can be done to support DevOps delivery methods.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Project Managers, Agile Coaches, Scrum Masters: Individuals facilitating project planning and execution who wish to adjust their approach and incrementally move the organization toward DevOps.
- System Administrators, SRE, application developers: Technical project team members participating in discovery, planning, and execution phases will accelerate the completion of these practices with greater detail.
- Leadership, product owners, key stakeholders: Individuals with a vested interest in project success or who provide oversight, goals, and objectives for why the project is needed will have greater insight into the process and ensure their requirements are captured.
This course does not have accompanying labs but may require the use of an internet browser to access several collaboration tools such as Miro or Trello.
Delegates will learn how to
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to implement incremental change during your team’s discovery and planning phases to enable faster delivery utilizing DevOps principles.
Organizations engaged in a DevOps transformation journey need a proven and diverse toolkit for successfully navigating cross-functional projects. Using a set of well-defined and tested practices developed within Red Hat, customers will benefit from re-thinking their approach to project and product development, accelerating time to market while introducing workflows designed to achieve continuous integration and delivery.
1. Getting started with DevOps culture and practices
1.1 Introducing the Open Practice Library
1.2 Introducing the Open Practice Library (Quiz)
1.3 Visualizing work
1.4 Visualizing work (Quiz)
1.5 Facilitating practices with teams
1.6 Facilitating practices with teams (Quiz)
2. Fostering culture and collaboration
2.1 Team forming and ice breakers
2.2 Team forming and ice breakers (Quiz)
2.3 Social contracts
2.4 Social contracts (Quiz)
2.5 Conducting retrospectives
2.6 Conducting retrospectives (Quiz)
3. Establishing fundamental technical practices
3.1 Continuous integration and delivery
3.2 Continuous integration and delivery (Quiz)
3.3 Everything as code
3.4 Everything as code (Quiz)
3.5 Security automation
3.6 Security automation (Quiz)
3.7 The big picture
3.8 The big picture (Quiz)
4. Driving team alignment with discovery practices
4.1 Metrics-based process mapping
4.2 Metrics-based process mapping (Quiz)
4.3 Target outcomes
4.4 Target outcomes (Quiz)
4.5 Priority sliders
4.6 Priority sliders (Quiz)
5. Setting direction with options pivot practices
5.1 Impact and effort prioritization
5.2 Impact and effort prioritization (Quiz)
5.3 Value slicing
5.4 Value slicing (Quiz)
6. Delivering value with Agile methodologies
6.1 Agile ceremonies
6.2 Agile ceremonies (Quiz)
6.4 Kanban (Quiz)
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.