Install, configure, and manage Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
After completing this course, you should be prepared to take the Red Hat Certified JBoss Administration (RHCJA) exam.
System administrators who are either new to Red Hat JBoss or have experience with Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
- No prior knowledge of Java, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio required.
Not sure if you have the right skill set to take this course? If you pass the online skills assessment, you're qualified. https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/assessment/jboss/
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Course content summary
- Install and run JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode and domain mode
- Configure a domain
- Deploy applications to JBoss EAP 7
- Configure the datasource subsystem
- Configure Java™ Message Service (JMS) and HornetQ
- Configure the logging subsystem
- Configure the web subsystem
- Implement application security in JBoss EAP 7
- Configure the batch subsystem
- Get an introduction to clustering
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to minimize time to market for applications, and to simplify administration tasks. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to increase application stability and cut costs for managing applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to manage JBoss EAP 7 in both standalone mode and a managed domain with both the EAP CLI and web console.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Install EAP 7 in standalone mode or as a managed domain.
- Configure the new batch subsystem.
- Administer the HornetQ messaging subsystem.
- Secure applications deployed on EAP.
- Customize server logging.
- Create and manage datasource connections to databases.
- Manage EAP clustering.
Overview of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Learn the concepts and terminology of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7.
- Install and run a JBoss Enterprise Application Platform instance.
- Understand extensions, profiles, and subsystems.
Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in standalone mode
- Run and configure JBoss EAP in standalone mode.
- Configure interfaces and socket binding groups.
Script configure and deploy applications
- Configure JBoss EAP with command line interface.
- Deploying applications in standalone mode.
Configure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform as a managed domain
- Run JBoss EAP as a managed domain.
- Assign a domain controller.
- Configure a host controller and domain controller.
Configure servers in a managed domain
- Manage domain server architecture.
- Configure servers and server groups.
- Explore the datasource subsystem and configure JDBC drivers, datasources, and an XA datasource.
Configure the logging subsystem
- Configure loggers and logging handlers.
Configure the messaging subsystem
- Explore the messaging subsystem.
- Configure messaging resources, journals and other settings.
Secure JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Configure a database security realm, an LDAP security realm, and password vault.
- Secure a JMS Destination.
Configure the Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Configure the JVM in standalone mode and in a managed domain.
Configure the web subsystem
- Explore and configure the features of the web subsystem.
Deploy clustered applications
- Explore clustered applications.
- Configure subsystems that support clustered applications and configure load balancing.
- Deploy HA Singleton applications.
Configure the batch subsystem
- Explore and configure batch jobs and batch subsystem.
Discover new features in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7
- Explore the new features in JBoss EAP 7.
- Migrate JBoss EAP 6 applications to JBoss EAP 7.
Comprehensive Review of Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I
- Review the tasks in Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.