This Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration training provides an intensive hands-on experience on Oracle Solaris 11.3 operating system. You'll learn complex and integrated administration concepts through a combination of lessons and hands-on exercises that will reinforce your learning.This is an advanced course which dives into the details of configuring and administering an Oracle Solaris 11 system.Please Note: T
his is an Advanced Course Students without Oracle Solaris 11 system administration experience should take the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration course first to ensure an effective knowledge of Oracle Solaris 11 system administration before attempting to take this advanced course. Those with Oracle Solaris 10 experience should take the Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 course as it builds on your Oracle Solaris 10 knowledge and provides training more tailored to your background.
- Manage Services and Service Properties Using SMF.
- Managing Software Packages by Using IPS.
- Back Up and Restore Data Using ZFS.
- Configure Network and Network High Availability.Administer Network Services.
- Administer the Zones.
- Securing the Oracle Solaris 11 OS.
- Install Oracle Solaris 11 OS on Multiple Hosts.
- Implement System Messaging And Diagnostic Facilities.
Benefits to You
Develop skills with and a better understanding of the Oracle Solaris 11.3 system administration and new enhancements done to the OS, which allow you to run your most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid, or public clouds.Develop Oracle Solaris 11.3 OS Expertise T
his course builds on the system administration skills taught in the Oracle Solaris 11.3 System Administration course. You'll work with expert Oracle University instructors to develop a deep understanding of Oracle Solaris 11.3 OS that you can leverage in your day-to-day job.
- Data Center Manager
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- System Integrator
- Experience with Oracle Solaris Zones
- Knowledge of the ZFS file system
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage business application data
- Create an Oracle Solaris 11 virtual network
- Configure Oracle Solaris zones
- Configure SMF services
- Configure privileges
- Manage the Image Packaging System (IPS)
- Configure Role Based Access Control
- Manage processes and priorities
- Configure system resources
- Monitor system performance
- Configure system messaging
- Run system diagnostic tools
- Troubleshoot system failures
- Install the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system using the automated installer
Installing Oracle Solaris 11 OS on Multiple Hosts
- Installing Oracle Solaris 11 Using the Automated Installer
- Building an Oracle Solaris Image
Managing the Image Packaging System (IPS) and Packages
- Building an Image
- Installing and Managing Packages
- Managing Package Publishers
Managing Business Application Data
- Managing devices in a ZFS Storage Pool
- Managing ZFS Properties
- Configuring Data Backup and Restore
Configuring Network and Traffic Failover
- Configuring Systems on a Local Network
- Configuring Network Auto-Magic
- Configuring Network File System
- Implementing Link Fail-over Using IPMP
- Maintaining an IPMP Group
- Configuring Probe-based Failure Detection
- Monitoring an IPMP Group
Configuring Zones and the Virtual Network
- Configuring Virtual Network Components
- Creating Zones with VNICs
- Allocating Resources to a Zone
Managing Services and Service Properties
- Configuring SMF services
- Troubleshooting the SMF Services
Configuring Privileges and Role Based Access Control
- Configuring and Managing Privileges
- Configuring and Using RBAC
Securing System Resources Using Solaris Auditing
- Configuring Solaris Auditing
Managing Processes and Priorities
- Managing System Processes
- Managing Process Scheduling Priority
- Managing the Scheduling Class of a Zone
- Monitoring the Fair Share Scheduler
- Configuring the Fair Share Scheduler
Evaluating the System Resources
- Configuring System Resources
- Monitoring System Performance
Monitoring and Troubleshooting System Failures
- Configuring System Messaging
- Running System Diagnostic Tools
- Configuring System Crash Facilities
- Configuring Dump Facilities for Business Application Failure
- Troubleshoot Oracle Solaris 11 Failures
- Reporting a Problem
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.