Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
This Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration training provides an intensive hands-on experience on Oracle Solaris 11.3 operating system. You'll learn complex and integrated administration concepts through a combination of lessons and hands-on exercises that will reinforce your learning.This is an advanced course which dives into the details of configuring and administering an Oracle Solaris 11 system.Please Note: T
his is an Advanced Course Students without Oracle Solaris 11 system administration experience should take the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration course first to ensure an effective knowledge of Oracle Solaris 11 system administration before attempting to take this advanced course. Those with Oracle Solaris 10 experience should take the Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 course as it builds on your Oracle Solaris 10 knowledge and provides training more tailored to your background.
- Manage Services and Service Properties Using SMF.
- Managing Software Packages by Using IPS.
- Back Up and Restore Data Using ZFS.
- Configure Network and Network High Availability.Administer Network Services.
- Administer the Zones.
- Securing the Oracle Solaris 11 OS.
- Install Oracle Solaris 11 OS on Multiple Hosts.
- Implement System Messaging And Diagnostic Facilities.
Benefits to You
Develop skills with and a better understanding of the Oracle Solaris 11.3 system administration and new enhancements done to the OS, which allow you to run your most demanding enterprise applications in private, hybrid, or public clouds.Develop Oracle Solaris 11.3 OS Expertise T
his course builds on the system administration skills taught in the Oracle Solaris 11.3 System Administration course. You'll work with expert Oracle University instructors to develop a deep understanding of Oracle Solaris 11.3 OS that you can leverage in your day-to-day job.
- Data Center Manager
- System Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- System Integrator
- Experience with Oracle Solaris Zones
- Knowledge of the ZFS file system
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Manage business application data
- Create an Oracle Solaris 11 virtual network
- Configure Oracle Solaris zones
- Configure SMF services
- Configure privileges
- Manage the Image Packaging System (IPS)
- Configure Role Based Access Control
- Manage processes and priorities
- Configure system resources
- Monitor system performance
- Configure system messaging
- Run system diagnostic tools
- Troubleshoot system failures
- Install the Oracle Solaris 11 operating system using the automated installer
Installing Oracle Solaris 11 OS on Multiple Hosts
- Installing Oracle Solaris 11 Using the Automated Installer
- Building an Oracle Solaris Image
Managing the Image Packaging System (IPS) and Packages
- Building an Image
- Installing and Managing Packages
- Managing Package Publishers
Managing Business Application Data
- Managing devices in a ZFS Storage Pool
- Managing ZFS Properties
- Configuring Data Backup and Restore
Configuring Network and Traffic Failover
- Configuring Systems on a Local Network
- Configuring Network Auto-Magic
- Configuring Network File System
- Implementing Link Fail-over Using IPMP
- Maintaining an IPMP Group
- Configuring Probe-based Failure Detection
- Monitoring an IPMP Group
Configuring Zones and the Virtual Network
- Configuring Virtual Network Components
- Creating Zones with VNICs
- Allocating Resources to a Zone
Managing Services and Service Properties
- Configuring SMF services
- Troubleshooting the SMF Services
Configuring Privileges and Role Based Access Control
- Configuring and Managing Privileges
- Configuring and Using RBAC
Securing System Resources Using Solaris Auditing
- Configuring Solaris Auditing
Managing Processes and Priorities
- Managing System Processes
- Managing Process Scheduling Priority
- Managing the Scheduling Class of a Zone
- Monitoring the Fair Share Scheduler
- Configuring the Fair Share Scheduler
Evaluating the System Resources
- Configuring System Resources
- Monitoring System Performance
Monitoring and Troubleshooting System Failures
- Configuring System Messaging
- Running System Diagnostic Tools
- Configuring System Crash Facilities
- Configuring Dump Facilities for Business Application Failure
- Troubleshoot Oracle Solaris 11 Failures
- Reporting a Problem