This Oracle Database: Managing Multitenant Architecture course covers all aspects of the multitenant architecture, providing detailed information on the components of an Oracle multitenant container database and its regular and application pluggable databases. You learn why and how to create and manage a multitenant container database and its regular and application pluggable databases, with storage structures appropriate for the business applications. You practice cold and hot cloning, plugging unplugged pluggable databases in multitenant container databases using various methods.
In addition, you learn how to create common and local users and administer database security to meet your business requirements by using encryption, Database Vault and auditing and you will learn how to create a database deployment in the Cloud.
Versions Supported: 19c, 18c, 12c
- Understand the multitenant architecture.
- Create and manage a multitenant container database and pluggable databases.
- Understand regular and application pluggable databases.
- Manage storage within a multitenant container database and pluggable databases.
- Manage security within a multitenant container database and regular and application pluggable databases.
- Monitor performance and manage resources within a multitenant container database and pluggable databases.
- Perform backup, recover and flashback operations on a multitenant container database and regular and application pluggable databases.
Perform particular operations like Oracle Data Pump transportation, loading, encrypting, auditing.
Manage the CDB and PDBs in specific configurations like Data Guard, Database Vault.
Benefits To You
To provide an acceptable response time to users and manage resources effectively, you learn how to monitor performance and manage resources within the multitenant container database and its pluggable databases, and within each pluggable database.
Another important aspect is the data movement between non-CDBs and pluggable databases, and between pluggable databases.
It is also important to understand the procedures of upgrading an Oracle Database multitenant container database or an Oracle Database pluggable database.
Finally, students discover the way multitenant container database and pluggable databases are created and monitored in the Cloud.
Delegates will learn how to
- Manage PDB snapshots
- Encrypt data in PDBs and isolate PDB keystore
- Monitor performance in CDBs and PDBs
- Audit users in CDB and PDBs
- Protect data with Database Vault policies in CDB and PDBs
- Manage a CDB fleet
- Manage resource allocation between PDBs and within a PDB
- Use Data Pump operations from a non-CDB or CDB into a PDB
- Upgrade 12c CDBs or PDBs to 18c
- Configure and create a CDB
- Create, clone, unplug, plug, relocate, proxy, switch over and drop PDBs
- Startup and shutdown CDBs and PDBs
- Manage tablespaces in CDB and PDBs
- Manage common and local users, roles, privileges, profiles, objects in CDBs and PDBs
- Manage PDB lockdown profiles
- Backup, duplicate, recover and flashback CDB and PDBs
- CDB Basics
- CDB and Regular PDBs
- Application PDBs and Application Installation
- PDB Creation
- CDB and PDB Management
- Backup and Duplicate
- Recovery and Flashback
- Performance Monitoring
- Resources Allocation
- Data Movement
- Upgrade methods
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.