Please note that Oracle courses running at London training centres are subject to a 10% surcharge.
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Important Note: Your official Oracle digital course material now includes an additional 5 hours of content for you to consume after the course to help embed the learning. Your ELS will be accessible for 90 days from purchase.
- Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
- Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
- Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
- Diagnose and repair data failures.
- Use flashback technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
- Oracle Database Administrator
- Data Warehouse Administrator
- Support Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Technical Administrator
Oracle Database: Administration Workshop
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the Oracle Database architecture components related to backup and recovery operations.
- Plan effective backup and recovery procedures.
- Describe Oracle Database backup methods and recovery operations that can be used to resolve database failure.
- Configure the database for recoverability.
- Use Recovery Manager (RMAN) to create backups and perform recovery operations.
- Use the Data Recovery Advisor to diagnose and repair failures.
- Use Oracle Flashback Technologies to recover from human error.
- Perform an encrypted database backup and restore.
- Perform tablespace point-in-time recovery.
- Getting Started
- Configuring for Recoverablility
- Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Backup Strategies and Terminology
- Performing Backups
- Improving Your Backups
- Using RMAN-Encrypted Backups
- Diagnosing Failures
- Restore and Recovery Concepts
- Performing Complete Recovery
- Performing Point-in-Time Recovery
- Performing Additional Recovery Operations
- Using Flashback Technologies
- Using Flashback Database
- Transporting Data
- Duplicating a Database
- RMAN Troubleshooting and Tuning
- Backup and Recovery Workshop