This course is for developers who wish to gain a practical understanding of how to use Oracle Application Express (APEX).
Delegates should have some experience with SQL and PL/SQL.
- What is Application Express(APEX)
- Benefits of APEX
- History of APEX
- Architecture Overview - logical and physical
- APEX Repository Overview
- Out of the box development features
- SQL Developer and APEX
- What is a Workspace?
- Different types of APEX users
- How to access APEX
- Application Express Components
- What is an Application?
- What is a Packaged Application?
- What is SQL Workshop?
- Browsing, creating and modifying objects
- Processing ad hoc SQL and PL/SQL statements
- Managing scripts
- Using the Utilities
- Types of Application
- Components of an application
- Application Builder Home Page
- An Application's Home Page
- Creating an application
- Creating an application from a file
- List the different types of application forms that you can create in Application Express
- Creating single entry Forms
- Creating Editable Interactive Grids
- Creating Master-Detail Forms
- Modifying a Form
- List the type of reports that you can create in Application Express
- Describe the different ways of creating reports in Application Express
- Create an interactive report
- Create an interactive grid
- Create a classic report
- Create a report with form
- Create a faceted search page
- Linking a Form and a Report
- Modifying a Report
- What is a Page in APEX?
- Different Sections of a Page
- Page Rendering
- Page Processing
- Shared Components
- Page Attributes
- What is a Region?
- Lists, Breadcrumbs and Calendar Regions
- Positioning Regions
- Types of page level Items (Text, Text Area, Checkbox, Select List, Radio Group etc.)
- Create and use page-level items
- Create and use buttons
- Creating a Report Filter
- Explain page rendering and page processing
- Create computations
- Create page processes
- Create validations
- Create branches
- Understanding Sessions
- Session IDs and APEX URLs
- What is Session State?
- Viewing Session State
- Referencing Session State in your Application
- In-built Substitution Variables
- What is a Shared Component?
- Types of Shared Components
- What are List of Values (LOVs)?
- Creating Cascading LOVs
- Uploading and Referencing Images
- Application Items, Computations and Processing
- Editing the Navigation Menu
- Describe themes and templates
- Explain the key features of Universal Theme
- Create and use a new theme
- Describe Universal Theme, Theme Styles, Theme Roller, and Template Options
- Use Theme Styles
- Use Theme Roller, and Live Template Options
- Upload and use a CSS
- Workspace Administration Topics
- Manage Services
- Manage Users and Groups
- Monitor Activity
- Workspace Utilization
- Explain how to secure your application
- Describe authentication and authorization
- Create and use an authentication scheme for your application
- Create and attach an authorization scheme to your application, page, or components
- What are Dynamic Actions?
- Create and use dynamic actions
- Describe Plug-ins
- Implement Plug-ins in your application
- Oracle JET Charts
- Create a data upload form for users
- Transform the data upon upload
- Validate and reject rows
- Describe the steps involved in migrating an application between environments
- Export the application definition, underlying database objects, and data from your development environment
- Import the application definition, underlying database objects, and data in the target development environment
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.