Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
In this course, you will use Outlook 2016 to manage your email communications, including composing, reading, and responding to emails; schedule appointments and meetings; manage contact information; schedule tasks and create notes; customise message response options; and organise your mail.
This course is intended for people with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft Outlook 2016 to compose and send email, schedule appointments and manage contact information.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Work with Windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
These skills can be gained by attending one of our PC Fundamentals courses.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Navigate Outlook 2016 to read and respond to email.
- Use the Address Book, and format and spell check new messages.
- Attach files and insert illustrations to messages.
- Customise read and response options.
- Use flags, categories, and folders to organise messages.
- Create and work with Contacts.
- Create appointments and schedule meetings in Calendar.
- Create and work with Tasks and Notes.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook 2016
- Topic A: Navigate the Outlook Interface
- Topic B: Work with Messages
- Topic C: Access Outlook Help
Lesson 2: Formatting Messages
- Topic A: Add Message Recipients
- Topic B: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic C: Format Message Content
Lesson 3: Working with Attachments and Illustrations
- Topic A: Attach Files and Items
- Topic B: Add Illustrations to Messages
- Topic C: Manage Automatic Message Content
Lesson 4: Customising Message Options
- Topic A: Customise Reading Options
- Topic B: Track Messages
- Topic C: Recall and Resend Messages
Lesson 5: Organising Messages
- Topic A: Mark Messages
- Topic B: Organise Messages Using Folders
Lesson 6: Managing Your Contacts
- Topic A: Create and Edit Contacts
- Topic B: View and Print Contacts
Lesson 7: Working with the Calendar
- Topic A: View the Calendar
- Topic B: Create Appointments
- Topic C: Schedule Meetings
- Topic D: Print the Calendar
Lesson 8: Working with Tasks and Notes
- Topic A: Create Tasks
- Topic B: Create Notes
This course covers some of the Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Outlook 2016 Exam.
Related to this course
Microsoft Word 2016 Level 1
Microsoft Word 2016 Level 2
Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Level 1
Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Level 2
Microsoft Excel 2016 Introduction
Microsoft Excel 2016 Intermediate
Microsoft Outlook 2016 Level 2