This facilitated course will give you a greater understanding of the important role that excellent customer service plays in any organisation and how excellent customer service fits into your world. It will offer really practical advice which will enable you to meet the daily challenge of consistently providing excellent customer service.
Individuals who work in technical environments are now expected to also be customer service professionals. This course will demonstrate that great customer service can not only improve the level of support you provide for your internal and external customers but also improve your own working life.
This course is for anyone working in a technical support role.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify what good and bad customer service behaviour looks like
- quickly build rapport with all kinds of customers
- take a positive approach to problems
- build credibility as a trusted expert in your field
- understand techniques such as matching, pacing and signalling to control calls
- use effective questioning techniques to clarify customer requirements and expectations
- portray a positive image of your department and your company
- demonstrate the importance of taking responsibility to achieve customer satisfaction
- identify your preferred behaviours when communicating
- handle challenging callers calmly and confidently
- demonstrate how you will reassure customers that their needs will be satisfied.
What will the course cover
- Understand what constitutes excellent customer service and experiences.
- What makes excellent service face to face and over the telephone.
- Structuring a conversation with a customer.
- Understanding and using different levels of communication.
- Projecting a positive, take action attitude.
- How to use language and positive reframing.
- How to handle conflict or emotional upset.
- Practice in active listening.
- Practice in effective questioning techniques.
- Practice in recognising Parent/Adult/Child dynamics on a call - Transactional Analysis.
- Matching language - advanced rapport building.
- Steps for dealing with challenging calls.
- When and how to say enough.
- Top telephone tips and techniques.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.