This facilitated course will give you a greater understanding of the important role that excellent customer service plays in any organisation and how excellent customer service fits into your world. It will offer really practical advice which will enable you to meet the daily challenge of consistently providing excellent customer service.
Individuals who work in technical environments are now expected to also be customer service professionals. This course will demonstrate that great customer service can not only improve the level of support you provide for your internal and external customers but also improve your own working life.
This course is for anyone working in a technical support role.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify what good and bad customer service behaviour looks like
- quickly build rapport with all kinds of customers
- take a positive approach to problems
- build credibility as a trusted expert in your field
- understand techniques such as matching, pacing and signalling to control calls
- use effective questioning techniques to clarify customer requirements and expectations
- portray a positive image of your department and your company
- demonstrate the importance of taking responsibility to achieve customer satisfaction
- identify your preferred behaviours when communicating
- handle challenging callers calmly and confidently
- demonstrate how you will reassure customers that their needs will be satisfied.
What will the course cover
- Understand what constitutes excellent customer service and experiences.
- What makes excellent service face to face and over the telephone.
- Structuring a conversation with a customer.
- Understanding and using different levels of communication.
- Projecting a positive, take action attitude.
- How to use language and positive reframing.
- How to handle conflict or emotional upset.
- Practice in active listening.
- Practice in effective questioning techniques.
- Practice in recognising Parent/Adult/Child dynamics on a call - Transactional Analysis.
- Matching language - advanced rapport building.
- Steps for dealing with challenging calls.
- When and how to say enough.
- Top telephone tips and techniques.