Delegates will learn how to
- Configure Microsoft Windows
- Manage Microsoft Windows
- Identify operating system (OS) types and Features
- Perform OS installations and upgrades
- Manage Microsoft Windows networking
- Manage Linux and macOS
- Configure Small Office Home Office (SOHO) security
- Manage security settings
- Support mobile software
- Use support and scripting tools
- Implement operational procedures
- Topic 1A: Configure Windows User Settings
- Topic 1B: Configure Windows System Settings
- Topic 2A: Use Management Consoles
- Topic 2B: Use Performance and Troubleshooting Tools
- Topic 2C: Use Command-line Tools
- Topic 3A: Explain OS Types
- Topic 3B: Compare Windows Editions
- Topic 4A: Perform OS Installations and Upgrades
- Topic 4B: Install and Configure Applications
- Topic 4C: Troubleshoot Windows OS Problems
- Topic 5A: Manage Windows Networking
- Topic 5B: Troubleshoot Windows Networking
- Topic 5C: Configure Windows Security Settings
- Topic 5D: Manage Windows Shares
- Topic 6A: Identify Features of Linux
- Topic 6B: Identify Features of macOS
- Topic 7A: Explain Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Topic 7B: Compare Wireless Security Protocols
- Topic 7C: Configure SOHO Router Security
- Topic 7D: Summarize Security Measures
- Topic 8A: Configure Workstation Security
- Topic 8B: Configure Browser Security
- Topic 8C: Troubleshoot Workstation Security Issues
- Topic 9A: Configure Mobile OS Security
- Topic 9B: Troubleshoot Mobile OS and App Software
- Topic 9C: Troubleshoot Mobile OS and App Security
- Topic 10A: Use Remote Access Technologies
- Topic 10B: Implement Backup and Recovery
- Topic 10C: Explain Data Handling Best Practices
- Topic 10D: Identify Basics of Scripting
- Topic 11A: Implement Best Practice Documentation
- Topic 11B: Use Proper Communication Techniques
- Topic 11C: Use Common Safety and Environmental Procedures
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.