Gain the foundational knowledge that you need to manage, optimize and plan your cloud spend, and influence your organization’s builders to be more accountable and cost-conscious from an expert AWS instructor. In this 2-day, classroom training course you will learn to innovate within your finance organization.
- Enterprise finance stakeholders who want to learn how to:
- Maximize cloud business value
- Use CFM best practices
- Help finance teams innovate with AWS
Delegates will learn how to
- Define cloud business value
- Estimate costs associated with current and future cloud workloads
- Use tools to report, monitor, allocate, optimize, and plan AWS spend
- Optimize cloud spending and usage through pricing models
- Establish best practices with Cloud Financial Management (CFM) and Cloud Financial Operations (Cloud FinOps)
- Implement financial governance and controls
- Drive finance organization innovation
Module 1: Introduction
- Cloud spending decisions
- AWS pricing
- Cost drivers
- AWS Well-Architected Framework
- AWS Cloud Value Framework
- Activity 1.1: Cloud value metrics
- Cloud Financial Management
- Activity 1.2: Cloud Financial Management outcomes
- Estimate cloud workload costs
- Activity 2.1: Build and refine a cost estimate
- Budget and forecast cloud costs
- Improve cloud financial predictability
- KPIs and unit metrics
- Cost visibility and monitoring
- Demonstration 3.1: Tools for cost visibility, tools for cost monitoring
- Cost allocation and accountability
- Cost allocation building blocks
- Usage optimizations
- Commitment-based purchase options
- Activity 4.1: Cost optimization
- Organizational change for CFM
- Organization models for CFM
- Activity 5.1: Organizational models
- Establish a cost-aware organizational culture
- Governance, control, and agility
- AWS governance and control building blocks
- Automated-based governance using AWS services
- Keys to financial innovation
- Financial transformation
- Activity 6.1: Solutions for financial innovation
- Module resources
- Next steps
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.