Comprehensive and hands-on, this course is for administrators who are ready to significantly ramp up their skills and knowledge about using Salesforce to solve their most pressing business needs. Using real-world scenarios, this course covers topics such as extending Salesforce with custom objects and Lightning apps, generating complex reports and dashboards, and automating complex business processes to help you work more efficiently and get more out of Salesforce. Additional topics include Lightning Record Pages, Lightning Knowledge, and Lightning Data.
Delegates will learn how to
- Determine and implement appropriate data access and visibility settings
- Manage configuration changes in a sandbox environment and move data between environments using change sets
- Extend the functionality of your implementation with custom objects and apps
- Extend your reporting to provide up-to-date views of your business
- Customize the Salesforce mobile app and create quick actions to increase efficiency
- Improve data quality so that the ongoing task of data maintenance is not so overwhelming
- Implement complex business processes using workflow rules, Process Builder, approval processes, and flows.
Who Should Attend
Administration Essentials for Experienced Admins is designed for:
- Administrators with at least six months of experience using Salesforce; and/or Administrators who have completed the Administration Essentials for New Admins course
Troubleshoot Record Access and Field Visibility
- Troubleshoot record access
- Understand the impact of territory management on the sharing model
- Manage field visibility
- Manage changes in a sandbox
- Deploy changes using change sets
Extend Salesforce with Custom Objects and Apps
- Build custom objects, tabs, and apps
- Create relationships between objects
- Use delegated administration
- Create custom report types
- Build exception reports with cross filters
- Categorize report data with bucketing
- Extend summaries in reports and dashboards
- Display multiple views of data using joined reports
- Analyze data over time with historical trending and reporting snapshots
Increase Efficiency with Salesforce Mobile App and Quick Actions
- Customize the Salesforce mobile app
- Create object-specific quick actions
- Creating global quick actions
Improve Data Quality
- Assess, cleanse, and maintain data quality
- Prevent duplicate records using Duplicate Management
- Clean and enrich data with Lightning Data
Automate Complex Business Processes
- Use validation rules, formula fields, workflow rules, and Process Builder to enforce and automate business processes
Streamline Requests with Approval Processes
- Manage approval processes
- Troubleshooting approval processes
Increase Productivity with Visual Workflow
- Understand use cases for Visual Workflow
- Build and deploy a flow
Extend and Troubleshoot Business Process Automation
- Understand when to use Apex, Lightning Components, and Visualforce for extending business process automation.
- Understand the order of execution for automated processes.
- Use debug logs to troubleshoot business process issues.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.