QA has partnered with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to offer a new pathway for experienced managers. The Fast-Track Chartered Manager pathway offers experienced managers the chance to gain official recognition for their skills with a nominal, hone their skills in specific areas, and connect with like-minded professionals.
Learners create a tailored pathway by selecting nine modules that can be explored in the workplace.
QA’s CMI Certified coaches supplement this self-study in the form of 1:1 coaching sessions (which allow for individual feedback and goal setting) and virtual group think-tanks (allowing learners to connect with management peers and share experiences.
For learners, the commitment is one day per month (2 hours digital, 3.5 hours online virtually, and 30 mins coaching).
- 9x digital modules selected from a range
- 9x Virtual Online Think Tank Sessions
- 9x 1:1 Virtual Coaching sessions plus written assessment.
We understand the importance of creating the right balance between technical ability and people skills, be it for Leaders or Subject Matter Experts.
- Self-Study: Learners can choose from nine topics, each of which are made up of three digital modules. These digital modules are accessed through the CMI portal as well as a number of bespoke assets that QA curates to support the programme. For the duration of the programme, participants get temporary membership of CMI and, upon completion, get a six-month extension of membership.
- Think-tanks: We will support the self-study elements by organising regular ‘think-tanks’ - virtual sessions that provide the opportunity to structure and socialise learning and receive peer and individual feedback on the application of learning to their context.
- The Coaching Sessions will be focused on each learner’s module choice and will help individuals set and achieve goals for applying their learning. Learners will be assigned a coach when they join the programme.
QA is a CMI Chartered Manager Assessment Centre: our QA certified coaches have a CMI Level 5 qualification and support the learners in achieving the standards required for their chosen pathway. Our approach is unique as our QA coaches support learners with 1:1 coaching and virtual think-tank sessions. This allows learners to ask questions of our experts and of each other, as well as to share experiences, prepare for assignments, and set goals.
The new digital pathways will be constantly refreshed with additional learning assets.
- Managers who have been promoted based on technical ability and now have people responsibilities
- People who want recognition for their experience of managing people, but may not have a professional management qualification
- Individuals with a professional management qualification and experience who seek CMI endorsement
- Learners who don’t want a rigid, workshop-based learning experience and want to learn at their own pace
- Learners who want to create their own development pathway and explore the benefits and the diverse range of assets associated with being a CMI member
Either a degree-level qualification that is management, business, or leadership focused, plus 3 years’ experience in a management role, or at least 5 years’ management experience (equivalent to Level 5 or operational/senior management level) if you don’t have a management-specific qualification.
On completion of the pathway, you will be able to:
• apply learning from your chosen module topics to your own context.
• implement your dynamic action plan and get feedback.
• demonstrate how your learning is aligned with the CMI Code of Practice.
• continue your learning using the extended CMI membership by accessing the Management Direct Portal.
• utilise and apply feedback from your coach and your line manager to identify further opportunities for development.
- Why change happens
- Approaches to change
- Initiating and planning change
Managing Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Legal and organisational approaches
- Role and responsibilities of a manager
- Develop and implement plans and reports
Leading in a Digital Age
- Approaches to managing and leading teams in a digital age
- Equipping high performing teams with the right skills and experience
- Managing and leading hybrid teams
- What is conflict?
- Resolving conflict in the workplace
- Knowledge, skills, and behaviours for managing conflict
Data-Driven Decision Making
- Understanding data to make decisions
- Impact of data on decision making
- Interpreting and presenting data
Written Assessment: You will be given guidance on the assessment criteria relevant for your pathway, as well as what is expected in terms of learning application, level of detail, and linking work to established standards and codes of practice. Learners will have three months in which to complete and submit their written assessment. On completion of a written assessment, learners will be issued with full Chartered Manager Status.
Frequently asked questions
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.