QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world-class industry experts, we focus on ensuring you can apply your learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. What's more, our digital platform gives you the tools to track your progress and manage your own learning.
This course is suitable for those looking to start a journey in Microsoft-based programming with C#, one of the industry’s most popular programming languages.
In this Total Learning course, you will learn everything you need to know to be able to develop fully functional C# applications, whilst also appreciating supporting concepts around development, such as source control and best practice.
In summary, this course is for IT professionals with an understanding of the fundamental principles of programming and some industry experience of writing and manipulating simple applications. It will also be a good fit for professionals who have ample experience in an OOP-based programming language, such as Java or Python, who are looking to upskill with a new programming language.
We will support you in using your new skills within relevant workplace projects. This will ensure that your new knowledge, skills, and behaviours are embedded in your everyday setting. By completing this course, you will receive formal validation of your real work experience!
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- write code that includes sequence, selection, and iteration constructs.
- create and use classes and structures (types), including fields, properties, methods, delegates, and events.
- use private, internal, protected, and public visibility modifiers.
- use exception handling to create robust applications.
- create derived classes that inherit from custom-written or .NET classes.
- create interfaces and apply techniques of polymorphism effectively and appropriately.
- work with generic types.
- leverage the power of C# features.
- use delegates.
- understand the event handling paradigm.
- use lambda expressions in C# code.
- use LINQ (Language Integrated Query).
- understand their resource management obligations.
This Total Learning course consists of three key stages, all explained during a 1-hour virtual kick off session, which includes a Q&A session:
- Digital stage - up to 20 hours completed over a minimum of 4 weeks
- Live event – 3 days
- Apply stage – up to 3 hours over a 3-month period
- Module 1: Getting started
- Module 2: Coding Algorithms
- Module 3: LINQ and Lambda
- Module 4: Using classes for data objects
- Module 5: Using classes to model business entities
- Module 6: Making code more robust
- Working with data and files
- Working with databases
- Connecting to other systems
- Using high-level application frameworks for productivity
- Extending the scope of testing
- Creating a C#-based application in the workplace
- Implement OOP, testing, and coding best practices into the process of app development
- Begin to understand how to factor in source control practices in development
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.