In this course, students learn troubleshooting skills to support the implementation and lifecycle management of NetApp StorageGRID software. Through theoretical explanations and hands on exercises, delegates will learn to control the architecture, option, services and features of the StorageGRID system
Students will also learn about the security and authentication mechanisms, logging and monitoring resources and Apache Cassandra implementation. Additionally, the processes to expand and upgrade the system, FabricPool technology plus investigating Simple Storage Services (S3) issues.
• 6 to 12 months of StorageGRID experience
• The NetApp StorageGRID Implementation Engineer accreditation (see NetApp Accreditation link below)
• Good knowledge of Simple Storage Service (S3)
• StorageGRID Troubleshooting Essentials (via NetApp Learning Center link below)
• DataStax DS101 and DS201 training courses
Delegates will learn how to
• Understand the networking architecture of a StorageGRID deployment
• Describe the load-balancing features of StorageGRID
• Review the StorageGRID services and ports
• Understand the impact of the StorageGRID options
• Understand the Cassandra implementation in StorageGRID
• Review the StorageGRID security and authentication mechanisms
• Define the StorageGRID logging and monitoring resources
• Review the expansion and upgrade processes
• Examine FabricPool technology with StorageGRID
• Investigate S3 issues with StorageGRID
Module 1:StorageGRID networking
StorageGRID network topology
Examining StorageGRID network architecture
Module 2:StorageGRID software concepts
• Grid node services
• Managing node services
• StorageGRID configuration options
Exploring nodetool commands
Module 3:StorageGRID logging and monitoring
• StorageGRID service log files
• StorageGRID audit logging
• Log analysis
• Log forwarding
Managing StorageGRID logs
Module 4: Troubleshooting Cassandra
• Cassandra fundamentals
• Cassandra startup
Examining Cassandra fundamentals
Module 5:TroubleshootingStorageGRID decommission,expansion and upgrade
• StorageGRID decommissioning
• StorageGRID expansion process and issues
• StorageGRID major version upgrade
Decommissioning and upgrading
Module 6: StorageGRID authentication and user management
• StorageGRID authorization and authentication
• StorageGRID multitenancy implementation
Configuring StorageGRID authentication
Module 7:Troubleshooting StorageGRID security issues
• StorageGRID security
• StorageGRID system hardening
• Certificate-related Issues
Troubleshooting StorageGRID authorization
Module 8:StorageGRID performance troubleshooting
• StorageGRID performance factors
• Identify performance bottlenecks
Examining StorageGRID performance details
Module 9:ONTAP FabricPool with StorageGRID
• FabricPool object store
• Investigate object store unavailability
• Troubleshooting connection issues
• Object store access issues
Troubleshooting ONTAP FabricPool technology
Module 10:Troubleshoot S3 client and application issues
• Troubleshoot S3 request failures
• S3 request logging
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.