This 3-day training covers advanced topics that a storage administrator may encounter after performing the tasks covered in the 3PAR basic courses (HK902 and HK904).
Topics included are: Space Explained, Performance, Adaptive Optimization reporting and planning,
Alerts, Upgrading, and Configuration Rebalancing. Labs are included to reinforce the course theory.
Students must have attended HK902 and HK904 and should have managing a 3PAR array for at least 12 months.
A storage administrator who has been managing 3PAR StoreServ arrays on a daily basis for at least a year.
This training is not for an individual who has no experience managing a 3PAR array.
Delegates will learn how to
- Name the current HP 3PAR hardware offerings and describe virtualization concepts
- Describe virtualization concepts
- Explain how space is distributed in HP 3PAR storage arrays
- Size Adaptive Optimization and work with AO reports
- Interpret different HP 3PAR performance metrics and how the array's features can affect performance
- Tune and rebalance HP 3PAR storage arrays
- Perform hardware and software upgrades
- Configure, interpret and handle HP 3PAR alerts and notifications
Module 1: Product Overview and Concepts
- Management Software Options
- 3PAR Hardware Offerings Review
- Concepts and Terminology Review
- Common Provisioning Group (CPG)
- Virtual Volume (VV)
- Physical disks
Module 2: Space Explained
- Data Layout
- Virtual Volumes
- Common Provisioning Group
- System Space
- Logical Disk Types
- Understanding Space Allocation
- Space Mapping
- Space Reclaim
Module 3: Understanding Adaptive Optimization Region Density Reports
- Purpose of Adaptive Optimization
- Adaptive Optimization tiers
- Region I/O Density Reports
- Locality of Data
- Work with AO Using the Management Software
- Generate and Interpret AO Reports
- Adaptive Optimization Improvements
- Sizing an AO Solution
Module 4: Understanding Performance
- Common Terms and Definitions
- CPG Best Practices
- RAID Performance Limitations
- Caching Algorithms
- Adaptive Flash Cache
- 3PAR Thin Deduplication
- Component Metrics
- Interactive Response Time Law
- CLI Counters
- 3PAR Distributed Sparing
- System Reporter
- On-Node System Reporter
- 3PAR Performance Checklist
Module 5: Rebalancing
- Rebalancing Concepts
- Introduction to tunesys
- Tuning phases and algorithms
- Tuning the System Using the Management Console
- Tuning the System Using the CLI
- Tuning and Modifying Virtual Volumes
Module 6: Upgrading 3PAR
- Steps to perform when upgrading
- Servicing the Storage System
- Service Processor Onsite Customer Care
- Repair/replace Disk Procedures
- Upgrading the Storage System Hardware
- Upgrading Disk Drives
- 7000 Upgrade Best Practice Scenarios
- 7000 Minimum Upgrade Scenarios
- Upgrading the Storage System and Service Processor Software
Module 7: Alerts
- 3PAR Events and Alerts
- Responding to 3PAR Alerts
- Managing Alerts with the GUI and CLI
- Managing Events
- External System Reporter Performance Alerts
- On-Node System Reporter Performance Alerts
- HP 3PAR CIM API
- Service Processor Local Notification Service
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.