These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This course teaches experienced authors advanced report building techniques to enhance, customize, manage, and distribute reports. Additionally, the student will learn how to create highly interactive and engaging reports that can be run offline by creating Active Reports.
- Knowledge of your business requirements
- Previous experience building reports with IBM Cognos Analytics V11.1.x, or you have taken the IBM Cognos Analytics: Author Reports Fundamentals (V11.1.x) course.
Create query models
• Build a query and connect it to a report
• Answer a business question by referencing data in a separate query
Create reports based on query relationships
• Create join relationships between queries
• Combine data containers based on relationships from different queries
• Create a report comparing the percentage of change
Introduction to dimensional reporting concepts
• Examine data sources and model types
• Describe the dimensional approach to queries
• Apply report authoring styles
Introduction to dimensional data in reports
• Use members to create reports
• Identify sets and tuples in reports
• Use query calculations and set definitions
Dimensional report context
• Examine dimensional report members
• Examine dimensional report measures
• Use the default measure to create a summarized column in a report
Focus your dimensional data
• Focus your report by excluding members of a defined set
• Compare the use of the filter() function to a detail filter
• Filter dimensional data using slicers
Calculations and dimensional functions
• Examine dimensional functions
• Show totals and exclude members
• Create a percent of base calculation
Create advanced dynamic reports
• Use query macros
• Control report output using a query macro
• Create a dynamic growth report
• Create a report that displays summary data before detailed data and uses singletons to summarize information
Design effective prompts
• Create a prompt that allows users to select conditional formatting values
• Create a prompt that provides users a choice between different filters
• Create a prompt to let users choose a column sort order
• Create a prompt to let users select a display type
Examine the report specification
• Examine report specification flow
• Identify considerations when modifying report specifications
• Customize reporting objects
• Burst a report to email recipients by using a data item
• Burst a list report to the IBM Cognos Analytics portal by using a burst table
• Burst a crosstab report to the IBM Cognos Analytics portal by using a burst table and a master detail relationship
Enhance user interaction with HTML
• Create interactive reports using HTML
• Include additional information with tooltips
• Send emails using links in a report
Introduction to IBM Cognos Active Reports
• Examine Active Report controls and variables
• Create a simple Active Report using Static and Data-driven controls
• Change filtering and selection behavior in a report
• Create interaction between multiple controls and variables
Active Report charts and decks
• Create an Active Report with a Deck
• Create an Active Report with 11.0 visualizations
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.