This course provides instruction on HPE Synergy configuration, administration, management, troubleshooting and maintenance. This hands-on course covers day-to-day administration skills on HPE Synergy Composer, storage module, compute modules, frame management, fabric connectivity, multi-frame domains and server profile management. Students also learn about HPE Global Dashboard features.
Basic networking and HPE OneView experience is strongly recommended, or complete the following courses:
Delegates will learn how to
- Introduce Composable Infrastructure (basic concepts) and HPE Synergy domains
- Explore the functional architecture of the HPE Synergy environment, including management infrastructure (HPE Synergy Composer, HPE synergy Image Streamer, Frame Link Modules), compute modules, interconnect modules, local storage systems, power and cooling
- Review the HPE Synergy Portfolio and equipment capabilities
- Explain the HPE Synergy Master/Satellite interconnects topology and cabling
Module 0: HPE Synergy Administration Course Overview:
• Introduce composable infrastructure (basic concepts) and HPE Synergy domains
• Explore the functional architecture of the HPE Synergy environment:
– Management infrastructure (HPE Synergy Composer and Frame Link Modules)
– Compute modules
– Interconnect modules
– Local storage systems
– Power and cooling
• Review the HPE Synergy portfolio and equipment capabilities
• Explain the basics of the HPE Synergy master/ satellite interconnects topology and cabling
Module 1: HPE Synergy Solution:
• Solution overview
– Planning steps
– Configuration steps
• Hardware overview
• Management appliances
• Frame management cabling
• Power cabling
• Interconnect link topology
• Accessing HPE Synergy Composer
Module 2: HPE Synergy Cabling:
• Ethernet modules
• Interconnect link topology
• Ethernet traffic flow
Module 3: HPE Synergy Networking:
• Network connectivity settings
• Address identifier service
• Network, network sets
• Logical interconnect groups
• Enclosure groups
• Logical enclosure
• Interconnect settings, LACP load balancing
Module 4: HPE Synergy Storage:
• SAN configuration
• Storage management
• SAN Manager
• Composable arrays
• Volumes and volume templates
• Storage options
– Storage array
– HPE Synergy D3940 Storage Module
Module 5: HPE Synergy Composability:
• Server hardware
– HPE Synergy Gen10 Compute, HPE Integrated Lights Out 5
• Server hardware types
• Server profile template
• Server profile
• Physical addressing
Module 6: HPE Synergy Firmware:
• Current HPE OneView Updates
• Acquiring firmware
• Interconnect firmware updates
• Compute firmware
• OS tools
• Appliance firmware
• Upgrading hardware
• Preparing to upgrade
• Best practices
Module 7: HPE Synergy Scaling:
• Scaling frames in HPE Synergy
• Adding a remote management ring
• Frictionless scaling of a logical enclosure
– The procedure for scaling from one to two frames
– The procedure for scaling from two to more frames
– Scaling with 25/50 Gb interconnect link modules
Module 8: HPE Synergy Maintenance and Growth:
• Maintenance topics
• Remote management ring
• Adding frames
• Composer upgrades
• Composer migration
• Flm move to 4 port
• Changing Ethernet fabric
• New LIG|EG, reparent LE
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.