- VMware ESXi 7.0
- VMware vCenter Server 7.0
- VMware Certified Technical Associate - Data Center Virtualization (VCTA-DCV)
- Working knowledge of operating systems
- Understanding of basic network, storage, and computer hardware concepts
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe virtualization and virtual machines
- Describe vSphere components and the software-defined data center (SDDC)
- Explain the concepts of server, network, and storage virtualization
- Monitor network and datastore configurations in VMware vSphere® Client™
- Deploy, configure, and clone virtual machines
- Migrate, monitor, and manage virtual machines
- Monitor tasks and events in VMware vSphere® Client™
- Recognize how vSphere DRS and VMware vSphere® High Availability improve performance and availability of a vSphere cluster
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Describe how virtual machines (VMs) work
- Recognize the purpose of a hypervisor
- Describe how VMs share resources in a virtualized environment
- Recognize the components of an SDDC
- Describe the relationship between vSphere, the SDDC, and cloud computing
- Recognize the functions of the components in a vSphere environment
- Access and view vSphere graphical user interfaces
- Identify VMware solutions that integrate with vSphere in the SDDC
- View and organize the inventory objects managed by vCenter Server
- Add and assign vSphere licenses
- Change the log level of vCenter Server
- Edit the startup policy of ESXi services
- Describe how vCenter Server roles and permissions work
- Add permissions to virtual machines
- Add and remove VM virtual hardware components
- Identify the purpose of different VM files
- Configure VM settings
- Create and delete virtual machines
- Recognize the benefits of installing VMware Tools™
- Install VMware Tools into a guest operating system
- Upgrade VMware Tools and VM hardware compatibility
- Describe virtual networking
- Recognize ways that virtual switches connect VMs and ESXi hosts to the network
- View components and properties of a vSphere standard switch configuration
- View a vSphere distributed switch configuration in vSphere Client
- Recognize when and how to use the settings for the security networking policy
- Recognize when and how to use the settings for the traffic shaping networking policy
- Describe how the NIC teaming and failover policy helps maintain network connectivity
- Perform basic checks to diagnose VM connectivity issues
- Describe the function of a datastore
- Recognize types of vSphere datastores
- View datastore information in vSphere Client
- Monitor datastore usage in vSphere Client
- Recognize the benefits of using VM templates
- Create and update a VM template
- Deploy a VM from an existing template
- Clone a virtual machine
- Recognize how to use guest OS customization specifications
- Deploy VMs from a content library
- Deploy a virtual appliance from an OVF template
- Perform a hot and cold migrations of VMs
- Identify requirements for using VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Perform a vSphere Storage vMotion migration
- Identify use cases for VM snapshots
- Create and manage snapshots of a virtual machine
- Recognize the purpose of each type of VM resource control
- Configure the resource allocation settings of a VM
- Observe the behavior of virtual machines with different share values
- Manage and acknowledge vSphere alarms
- Use performance charts to monitor VM CPU and memory usage
- Monitor tasks and events in vSphere Client
- View information about the services that a vSphere cluster offers
- Recognize how vSphere HA responds to different types of failures
- Monitor vSphere HA during a host failure
- Describe how vSphere DRS works
- Interpret DRS scores given to VMs
- Recognize how to apply the appropriate vSphere DRS automation and migration threshold levels
- Describe how vSphere Fault Tolerance works
- Recognize how Enhanced vMotion Compatibility works
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.