This course is designed for technical professionals who support a Check Point Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solution within their network security environment.
It is also recommended for candidates who are preparing for the Check Point Certified Virtual System Extension Specialist (CCVS) certification exam.
Gain the fundamental knowledge and skills needed to install, configure, and manage a Check Point Virtual Security Extension (VSX) solution within a network security environment. Identify and use the appropriate commands and techniques to troubleshoot VSX deployments, routing, and provisioning issues.
· VSX Overview
· Virtual System Installation and Configuration
· VSX Clustering
· Advanced VSX Features
· Troubleshooting VSX
Solid knowledge of the following:
- Unix-like and/or Windows OS
- Networking Fundamentals
- Networking Security
- TCP/IP Networking
Check Point training/certification:
- Check Point Certified System Administrator (CCSA)
- Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE)
Useful but not required:
- Check Point Jump Start Maestro Hyperscale
- Network Security
- Check Point Maestro Expert (CCME)
- Check Point Certified Multi-Domain Security Management Specialist (CCMS)
Delegates will learn how to
• Identify basic functions, components, and advantages of using VSX technology.
• Explain the VSX management infrastructure and how traffic flows within a VSX network.
• List the routing schemes and features available with VSX.
• Identify options for deploying VSX technology within various complex organizations.
• Explain how to install and configure VSX Gateways and Virtual Systems.
• Explain how to deploy additional VSX networking configurations that are required in a specific environment.
• List the differences between deploying physical Security Gateway Clusters and VSX Gateway Clusters.
• Describe how Virtual Systems Load Sharing works to enhance VSX network performance.
• Explain how to use the VSX Provisioning Tool to add and remove virtual devices.
• Explain how to employ tools to optimize resources allocated in a VSX environment.
• Identify various VSX command line tools commonly used to retrieve information and perform configuration changes.
• Explain how to use VSX utility commands to perform various maintenance tasks for the VSX environment.
• Explain how to troubleshoot and debug issues that occur in a VSX environment.
• Configuring the VSX Environment
• Deploying a Virtual System with a Physical Interface
• Deploying a Virtual System with Bonded VLAN Interfaces
• Deploying a VSLS Cluster
• Maintaining the VSX Environment
• Using the CLI to Manage VSX
• Performance Tuning in VSX
• Troubleshooting VSX Issues
This course prepares you for exam #156-551 at www.VUE.com/checkpoint
Exam vouchers are available for purchase directly from Arrow ECS (email@example.com) at an additional charge.
Full information on Check Point’s Certification Program can be viewed at https://www.checkpoint.com/downloads/training/check-point-certification-faq.pdf
Attend two Infinity Specialization courses and pass their exams to automatically become a Check Point Certified Security Master (CCSM).
Attend four Infinity Specialization courses and pass their exams to automatically become a Check Point Certified Security Master Elite (CCSM Elite).
Choose from the following Infinity Specialization courses:
- Check Point Certified Endpoint Specialist (CCES)
- Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Administrator (CCTA)
- Check Point Certified Automation Specialist (CCAS)
- Check Point Certified Cloud Specialist (CCCS)
- Check Point Certified MDSM Specialist (CCMS)
- Check Point Certified VSX Specialist (CCVS)
- Check Point Certified Troubleshooting Expert (CCTE)
- Check Point Certified Maestro Expert (CCME)
- Check Point Certified Cloud Network Security Expert for AWS (CNSE-AWS)
- Check Point Certified Cloud Network Security Expert for Azure (CNSE-AZURE)
Please note that Check Point only offer e-kit courseware for training courses. Each delegate will be provided with an official set of e-kit courseware.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.