Are you looking to learn the role of Scrum Master, enable adoption of the Scrum framework and increase product development efficiency?
This certified course addresses the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework for developing, delivering, and sustaining complex products through effective team collaboration.
This course focuses on the role of the Scrum Master. Scrum Masters are responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum - as defined in The Scrum Guide - by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values.
The content, developed in partnership with the Agile Business Consortium who are leaders in promoting and enabling business agility, is purposely aimed at a less technical, wider business audience.
Using a combination of expert instruction and interactive team-based activities you will develop the knowledge and skills needed to perform the Scrum Master role.
The training and certification are based on the 2020 version of The Scrum Guide. Developed by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland.
- There are no specific prerequisites for this course however, some knowledge or experience of working in an Agile team would be beneficial but not essential.
- For virtual delivery, learners will require the use of WebEx and the ability to access boards on Miro.com.
- In order to prepare for the session, we recommend you familiarise yourself with The Scrum Guide.
- Anyone involved in product & solution development using the Scrum framework.
- Particularly beneficial for those accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team members.
Delegates will learn how to
Agile Business Consortium Scrum Master learners will:
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework; the theory, practices, roles, rules and values as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand in detail the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team's progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
On this two-day interactive learning course, your expert instructor will guide you through the theory and principles underpinning the Scrum framework. During the session you will work individually and in teams to develop the knowledge and skills needed to perform the Scrum Master role.
Please note that this training is less IT-centric than others, with exercises and discussions focusing on non-IT scenarios.
Here’s an overview of the course agenda:
- Scrum Overview
- Self Organization
- Agile Fundamentals
- Empirical Product Development and Scrum Theory
- Scrum Events
- The Scrum Team and accountabilities
- Artifacts and Commitment
- Day 1 Refresh
- Simulation – Practicalities of:
- The Product Backlog Creation
- Sprint Planning & Done
- Sprint Progress
- Sprint Retrospectives and Review
Delegates are invited to take an online exam at the end of the course.
About the exam:
- 50 questions
- 74% pass mark (37 out of 50)
- 40-minute duration
There are no recertification requirements, the APMG Agile Business Consortium Scrum Master certification does not expire.
Successful candidates can claim a digital badge and share their success online.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.