Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
This course applies to the following platforms: SharePoint Online.
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required to fulfill the role of a Power User, Super-User, or within an IT Support role to support end users. This course gives you the insight and experience beyond a Site Owner or Site Collection Administrator role. You will create, customise and manage SharePoint online sites and workspaces in response to the differing needs of your site members and visitors, and according to the infrastructure of the business.
You will identify the roles and expectations of your team or organisation and create site solutions by defining permissions, structure, content and policy. You will see how to gather information about the site's usage as a means to maintain the site and identify where improvements can be made.
Please note: This five-day masterclass covers topics from our SharePoint Online Essentials, Intermediate and Team Site Management courses.
- Ideal for user with no prior SharePoint experience or knowledge.
- A good understanding of Windows 7, 8 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 10, 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with relational databases, web design and/or programming (such as VBA) are useful but not essential.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, such as Log in and navigation around the service.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and Excel.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Understand, plan and deploy a SharePoint Site solution for business needs.
- Manage your team with groups and permissions.
- Create Custom Lists and Libraries with special content types for learning and support.
- Customise Library and List settings to reflect course project requirements.
- Edit web pages to keep your team informed of the project progress.
Module 1: Understanding SharePoint
- Office 365 and SharePoint Online
- Governance and the Information Worker
- SharePoint Information Structure
- Connect to Office 365
- Connect Microsoft Outlook to Office 365
- Connect Microsoft Office to Office 365
- Credential Manager
- The SharePoint Environment
- SharePoint Live Updates
Module 2: Site Architecture Model
- First Steps of Planning
- Information Hierarchy and Site Structure
- Roles Within Team Site Management
- Types of End Users
- Site Types
- SharePoint Object Naming
- Creating SharePoint Objects
- Site Solutions
Module 3: SharePoint Apps
- What is a SharePoint App?
- SharePoint List Apps
- The List App Interface
- Identify your Site Content
- Effective Management of Apps
- Choose the Experience
- App Settings to consider
- Manage List Items
- The Site Recycle Bin
Module 4: SharePoint Library Apps
- Working with SharePoint Library Apps
- The Library App Interface
- Working with Documents
- Document Item Menu
Module 5: Manage Built-in Apps
- Picture Libraries
- Surveys using Microsoft Forms
- Custom lists from Excel tables using Microsoft List
- Custom lists from scratch
Module 6: Metadata and Columns
- Define your Metadata
- Column Types and Sizes
- Systems and Site Metadata
- Format including conditional formatting columns
- Hyperlink / Picture Columns
- Lookup Columns
- Calculated Columns
- Managed Metadata Columns
- Metadata Integrity
Module 7 - Working with views
- Understanding views
- Managing views
- Use styles in views
Module 8: Users, Groups and Permissions
- Understand permissions
- Security elements
- Permission planning process
- Create and manage permission levels
- Create and manage SharePoint Groups
- Create and manage users in a group
- Permission inheritance
- Quick Share
- Permission Tips
Module 9: Managing Site Content
- Managing Site Columns
- Apply Site Columns to Apps
- Index Columns
- Taxonomy and Terms
- Understand and Create Site Content Types
- Understand and Create Document Sets
Module 10: Discover Information
- Social Connection
- Manage Your Personal Site
Module 11: Site Search and Navigation
- Team Site Navigation
- Top Link Bar
- Quick Launch Pane
- Direct Link Editing
- Links List
- Promoted Links
- Metadata Navigation and Filtering
- Site Search
- Publishing Site Navigation
Module 12: Web Page Editing
- Site Web Page Structure
- Web Page Content Types
- Site Pages
- Wiki Pages
- Formatting Wiki Pages
- Adding Pictures
- Adding Web Media
- Adding Hyperlinks
- Hyperlink to an Email Address
- Adding Web Parts
- Web Part Connections
- Additional Web Parts
- View and Form Pages
- Audience Targeting
Module 13: Report and Reuse Content
- SharePoint reports
- Inventory reports
- Usage reports
- Search reports
- Audit log reports
- Reporting using PowerBI
Automating business processes
- Understanding Workflows
- What is Power Automate and how it can be used?
- Create a flow that approves an item
- Create a flow that sends you notifications
- Create a flow that your team can use.