In this five-day course, you build on the foundations learned in VMWare Workspace ONE: Deploy & Manage [21.x] to accelerate the advancement of your deployment and management systems with VMware Workspace ONE® UEM and VMware Workspace ONE® Access™.
Through a series of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you effectively evaluate your organization’s current practices and discover opportunities to target improvements in identity, authentication, and access management. Additionally, you learn the strategies and techniques necessary to construct an integrated management strategy, utilizing a comprehensive set of VMware Workspace ONE® services, including Hub Services, the Unified Catalog, Intelligence, and the API.
Before taking this course, you should have completed the following course:
• VMware Workspace ONE: Deploy and Manage
Delegates will learn how to
• Given the most common use cases and workflows of Workspace ONE Access, identify key benefits of Workspace ONE Access to address your specific use case
• Describe the different identity sources supported by Workspace ONE Access and apply the most appropriate to your organization’s use case
• Differentiate common authentication methods in Workspace ONE Access and select the most suitable method to fit your business needs
• Illustrate how to use access policies and implement best practices within your organization
• Outline various authentication methods and workflows that can be implemented to ensure a robust end-user experience, while meeting your security requirements
• Summarize the capabilities and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE® Intelligent Hub and Hub services and learn how to effectively implement both
• Describe features of VMware Workspace ONE® Intelligence™ and how to use it to support daily administration and maintenance
• Explain how to use the Workspace ONE UEM and Workspace ONE Access APIs to perform administration and maintenance
• Outline Workspace ONE design methodology and how it can apply to your organization
1 Course Introduction
• Introduction and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Workspace ONE Platform
• List high-level components of the Workspace ONE platform
• Identify benefits of integrating Workspace ONE Access with other Workspace ONE products
• Explain what services Workspace ONE Access offers
• Outline the use cases for Workspace ONE Access Connector
3 Identity Sources
• Identify different directory types in Access based on identity sources
• Explain supported Web standards for identity
• Explain Access workflows of an AD and an LDAP directory
• Identify features and use cases of 3rd-party identity sources
• Identify the features and use cases of the VMware AirWatch® Provisioning App
• Identify the benefits of modern identity and access management
• Explain the workflows of connector-based authentication methods such as Kerberos, password, RADIUS, RSA SecureID
• Explain the workflows of cloud-based authentication methods such as Mobile SSO for iOS, Mobile SSO for Android, VMware Verify, certificate, password, and device compliance
5 Access Policies
• Explain access policies and their importance
• Describe how identity providers (IdP) and authentication methods work with policies
• Explain how to create policy rules following best practice
• Define the types of resources in the Workspace ONE Access catalog
• Outline the common SAML authentication initiation methods for web applications in Workspace ONE Access
• Describe the high-level integration steps of a Horizon Cloud integration with Workspace ONE Access
7 Hub Services
• Describe the relationship of Hub services, Workspace Intelligent Hub, Workspace ONE UEM, and Workspace ONE Access
• Illustrate the primary components of Hub Services
• Explain features and use cases of Workspace ONE Verify (Intelligent Hub)
• Explain how to deploy mobile flows according to a use case
• Describe how Workspace ONE Intelligence supports your deployment and management strategy
• Explain how the Digital Employee Experience Management Solution helps improve employees' Anywhere Workspace journey
• Explain how you can use Dashboards to access different data for your device management use cases
• Explain how integration works to connect and share data with 3rd parties
9 Workspace ONE Application Programming Interface
• Outline the use cases for using the Workspace ONE application program interface (API)
• Explain how to perform general Workspace ONE UEM administration and maintenance through the API
• Explain how to perform general Workspace ONE Access administration and maintenance through the API
10 Design Methodology
• Explain the Workspace ONE business drivers and use case definition
• Define Workspace ONE services
• Discuss how to make architectural design decisions
• Explain how to create component designs
• Discuss all third-party components that are required for infrastructure design
• Discuss the process of platform integration
• Explain the required services for service integration
• Explain how to design user experience
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.