This is a five-day course that is a follow-on to the VMware vRealize® Automation™ Install, Configure, Manage course. In this course, you go deeper into using the advanced features of vRealize Automation to deploy user systems and interface vRealize Automation with other platforms. The course covers deploying and enterprise level cluster environment using VMware vRealize® Suite Lifecycle Manager™.
This course requires completion of the following course:
• VMware vRealize Install Configure Manage [V8.x]
Experience working at the command line is helpful.
This course requires that a student be able to perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
• Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders
• Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template
• Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
• Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® DRS cluster with resource pools.
• Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
• Create and deploy a simple blueprint in vRealize Automation 8.x
• Use cloudConfig in vRealize Automation blueprints
• Configure infrastructure in vRealize Automation 8.x
Delegates will learn how to
• Create and configure advanced blueprints with complex YAML and cloudConfig.
• Use vRealize Automation advanced blueprints to deploy an actual 2-tier DB-Server using MySQL and
• Practice troubleshooting techniques with advanced YAML blueprints in vRealize Automation.
• Use advanced VMware NSX-TTM Data Center networking features including NAT, routed networks, load
balancers, security groups, and tags.
• Configure subscriptions to use VMware vRealize® Orchestrator™ workflows and create custom actions
• Configure and use ABX actions in vRealize Automation subscription
• Describe various options to integrate vRealize Automation with Kubernetes
• Create VMware Code Stream™ pipelines.
• Configure vRealize Automation to integrate with configuration management tools such as Puppet and
• Create and use Ansible playbooks that integrate with vRealize Automation.
• Configure security certificates in vRealize Automation from external Certificate Authorities.
• Configure VMware NSX® Advanced Load Balancer™ to deploy VMware Identity Manager™ and vRealize
• Describe the steps involved in VMware Identity Manager and vRealize Automation cluster deployment and
• Describe the clustered deployment architecture, including Kubernetes pods and services.
• Use vracli commands, log files, and VMware vRealize® Log Insight™ to troubleshoot vRealize Automation
and vRealize Automation deployments.
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Advanced Blueprints
• Use advanced YAML and cloudConfig to deploy a functioning 2-tier application with a phpMyAdmin front-
end server and a MySQL database server
• Use troubleshooting techniques to debug problems in advanced YAML blueprints
• List the log files that can aid in troubleshooting blueprint deployment
3 Advanced Networking
• Use NSX-T advanced features in blueprints
• Interfacing to IPAMs
• Use NSX-T Data Center NAT in blueprints
• Use NSX-T Data Center routed networks
• Use NSX-T Data Center load balancers
• Use NSX-T Data Center security groups
• Use tags with NSX-T Data Center network profiles
4 Using vRealize Orchestrator Workflows for Extensibility
• Creating Day-2 Actions with vRealize Orchestrator workflows
• Troubleshoot vRealize Orchestrator cluster issues
• Use vRealize Orchestrator to add computer objects to Active Directory when vRealize Automation deploys
• Use a tagging approach to vRealize Orchestrator workflows
• Use dynamic forms with vRealize Orchestrator
5 Using ABX Actions
• Determine when to use ABX and when to use vRealize Orchestrator
• Using ABX to create day-2 Actions
• Calling PowerShell from ABX
6 Kubernetes Administration
• Define basic Kubernetes terminologies such as pod, service, and deployment
• List various options to integrate vRealize Automation with Kubernetes
• Connect to an existing native Kubernetes cluster
• Integrate Kubernetes with VMware® Pivotal Container Service
7 Code Stream Administration
• Create and use CI/CD pipelines
• Use the Code Stream user interface
• Add states and tasks to a Code Stream pipeline
8 Integrating vRealize Automation with GitLab
• Define Git, GitLab, and GitHub
• Configure GitLab to support vRealize Automation blueprints
• Integrate vRealize Automation with GitLab
• Manage blueprints using GitLab source control
9 Configuration Management
• Describe the use case of Ansible and Ansible Tower
• Connect to Ansible Tower
• Use Ansible playbooks
• Use Puppet in configuration management
10 Clustered Deployment
• Use vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager in a clustered deployment
• Configure External Certificates
• Configure NSX-T Data Center load balancer
• Install or scale out VMware Identity Manager to support High Availability
• Install or scale vRealize Automation using clustered deployment
11 Clustered Deployment Architecture
• List of Kubernetes Pods
• The vRealize Automation Kubernetes architecture
• Relationship of Kubernetes pods to services
• Logs and their locations
• Blueprint deployment workflow with Kubernetes service interaction
• Backup strategies and potential problems
12 Troubleshooting vRealize Automation
• vracli commands and when to use them
• Check the status of Kubernetes pods and services
• Correct the state of pods and services
• Diagnose and solve vRealize Automation infrastructure problems
• Diagnose and solve vRealize Automation failures to deploy blueprints and services
• Use vRealize Log Insight to troubleshoot
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.