This 3-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and tools to achieve competence in operating and troubleshooting the VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer solutions. In this course, you are introduced to several operational, management, and troubleshooting tools. You will be presented with various types of technical problems, which you will identify, analyze, and solve through a systematic process.
This class requires completion of the following courses:
• VMware NSX Advanced Load Balancer: Install, Configure, Manage
Delegates will learn how to
• Describe the NSX Advanced Load Balancer components and main functions
• Explain NSX Advanced Load Balancer key features and benefits
• Establish and apply a structured troubleshooting approach and methodology
• Identify, analyze, and troubleshoot problems related to the NSX Advanced Load Balancer infrastructure, to
include control and data plane components
• Identify, analyze and troubleshoot problems related to application components such as Virtual Services,
Pools and related components
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to NSX Advanced Load Balancer
• Introduce NSX Advanced Load Balancer
• Discuss NSX Advanced Load Balancer use cases and benefits
• Explain NSX Advanced Load Balancer architecture and components
• Explain the management, control, data, and consumption planes and functions
3 Events and Alerts
• Describe NSX Advanced Load Balancer Events
• Describe and configure NSX Advanced Load Balancer Alerts
• Describe NSX Advanced Load Balancer monitoring capabilities leveraging SNMP, Syslog and Email
4 Introduction to NSX Advanced Load Balancer Troubleshooting
• Explain NSX Advanced Load Balancer troubleshooting concepts
• Describe and leverage Application Logs
• Describe and leverage Application Analytics and Security Insights
• Understand and utilize Health Score concepts
• Explain and leverage metrics
• Explain and leverage packet capture and command line utilities
• Describe and leverage UI and CLI utilities to perform Control Plane troubleshooting
5 Infrastructure Troubleshooting Concepts
• Describe and perform general Cloud Connector troubleshooting
• Describe and analyze VMware Cloud Connector state
• Leverage case studies to troubleshoot VMware Cloud Connector
• Describe and troubleshoot VMware NSX Cloud Connector integration
• Describe and troubleshoot Linux Server Cloud Connector integration
• Describe and troubleshoot Openstack Cloud Connector integration
• Leverage case studies to troubleshoot Openstack Cloud Connector
• Describe and troubleshoot AWS and Azure Cloud Connector integrations
6 Troubleshooting Avi Service Engines and Advanced Troubleshooting
• Explain general Service Engine infrastructure
• Explain and leverage Analytics, Health Score and Metrics for Service Engine troubleshooting
• Explain and leverage Events and Alerts for Service Engine troubleshooting
• Leverage CLI for Service Engine troubleshooting
• Analyze Service Engine with Tech Support utility
• Leverage CLI for advanced Datapath analysis
7 Monitoring NSX Advanced Load Balancer
• Explain and configure SNMP-based monitoring
• Explain and configure REST API-based monitoring
• Describe and leverage 3rd-party REST API monitoring extensions (Grafana, Prometheus)
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.