This three-day, hands-on training provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to troubleshoot VMware Horizon 8 infrastructure. This workshop teaches the required skill and competence for troubleshooting Horizon Connection Server, Unified Access Gateway, protocols, connections, and certificates.
This course also provides a challenge lab designed to present participants with infrastructure issues that may arise in actual Horizon environments. The lab objective is to put into practice the contents covered during the training to create a working environment.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
• Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
• Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
• Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
• Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
• Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
• Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
Delegates will learn how to
• Discuss Connection Server advanced configurations.
• List troubleshooting techniques for Connection Server common issues.
• Interpret VMware Horizon 8 Connection Server logs.
• Identify UAG configuration and certificate issues.
• List troubleshooting steps for UAG common issues.
• Describe BLAST configuration verification using logs and settings.
• Describe BLAST optimization recommendations for different use cases.
• Describe VMware Horizon 8 Connections and how to troubleshoot related issues.
• Describe VMware Horizon 8 Certificates.
• List troubleshooting steps for VMware Horizon 8 certificates common issues.
• Describe Cloud Pod Architecture troubleshooting scenarios
• Identify and fix problems in a VMware Horizon environment
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Horizon Connection Server Troubleshooting
• Discuss Horizon Connection Server General Troubleshooting techniques
• Use logs to identity Horizon Connection Server common issues
• Describe Active Directory (AD) Lightweight Directory Service (LDS) Replication
• Discuss Horizon Connection Server Replication common issues
• Review and Interpret Horizon Connection Servers logs.
• Compare successful and unsuccessful logs from common infrastructure administration tasks.
3 Unified Access Gateway Troubleshooting
• List and identify common UAG deployment issues
• Monitor the UAG deployment to identify health and issues
• Identify and Troubleshoot UAG certificate issues
• Monitor, test, and troubleshoot network errors
• Discuss general UAG troubleshooting processes.
4 BLAST Configuration Verification
• Discuss BLAST Codecs and Encoder Switch settings.
• Describe how to verify BLAST configuration using logs and settings.
5 BLAST Optimization
• List general BLAST optimization recommendations.
• Summarize BLAST tuning recommendations that apply to WAN connections.
• Summarize BLAST tuning recommendations that apply to work-from-home and home-office-to-cloud use
• Describe recommended tuning options to increase display protocol quality for all use cases and
6 Horizon Connections Troubleshooting
• Explain Horizon Connections.
• Describe the role of Primary and Secondary protocols in Horizon Connections.
• Describe HTML Client Access Connections.
• Describe Horizon Connections Load Balancing.
• Describe timeout settings, supported health monitoring string, and suitable Load balancer persistence
• Identify troubleshooting steps for failing Horizon Load Balancer connections.
• List troubleshooting steps for Horizon Connections.
7 Horizon Certificates Troubleshooting
• List Horizon certificate functions.
• Describe Horizon certificates scenarios.
• Discuss potential challenges related to certificates in Horizon
• Describe the troubleshooting approach to Horizon certificates issues
8 Cloud Pod Architecture
• Describe Cloud Pod Architecture troubleshooting scenarios
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.