This four-day, hands-on training course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and tools for deploying and managing a VMware Cloud™ on AWS infrastructure. You explore the common use cases of the VMware Cloud on AWS infrastructure that allows you to modernize, protect, and scale applications based on VMware vSphere® that leverage AWS.
In this course, you are introduced to various rapid and easy migration options for workloads based on vSphere to VMware Cloud on AWS. In addition, you are presented with VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery™, which is a Disaster Recovery as-a-service (DRaaS) solution, with fast recovery capabilities, that can be used to cost-effectively protect a broad set of your virtualized applications.
Before taking this course, students should take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge and experience:
• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
• VMware vSAN™ and HCI Fundamentals
• VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage
Delegates will learn how to
• Describe the architecture of VMware Cloud on AWS
• Prepare and deploy VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
• Configure the scale-up and scale-down of a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
• Access a VMware vCenter® configuration in VMware Cloud on AWS
• Configure internal, external, and inter-SDDC networking
• Configure storage integrations and solutions for VMware Cloud on AWS
• Configure a connection between an on-premises vSphere SDDC and a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
• Migrate VMs between on-premises vSphere and VMware Cloud on AWS SDDCs
• Describe lifecycle management, troubleshooting scenarios, and disaster recovery solutions for a VMware
Cloud on AWS SDDC
• Describe how VMware add-on solutions support a VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS
• Choosing VMware Cloud on AWS
• Management and operational structure
3 VMware Cloud on AWS Platform and SDDC Deployment Preparation
• Getting started with VMware Cloud on AWS
• Preparing AWS infrastructure for a VMware Cloud on AWS deployment
• Setting up a VMware on Cloud AWS account
• Billing and pricing on VMware Cloud services
4 Deploying and Scaling and SDDC
• Deploying and examining SDDC configurations
• Sizing the SDDC
• SDDC cluster management
• SDDC host management
• Optimizing and maintaining SDDC Cluster using Elastic DRS for VMware Cloud™ on AWS
5 Accessing and Analyzing vCenter Configurations
• Accessing vCenter Server in the Cloud SDDC
• Creating virtual machines in the Cloud SDDC
• Analyzing resource management settings in the SDDC
• Analyzing vSphere permissions
6 Networking in VMware Cloud on AWS
• Internal SDDC network
• Networking and security options
• Inter-SDDC networking
7 Storage on VMware Cloud on AWS
• vSAN storage in VMware Cloud on AWS
• Attaching external storage to a VM running on an SDDC
8 Working with On-Premises vSphere
• Hybrid linked mode
• Migration solutions for VMware Cloud on AWS
• VM migration with VMware HCX®
9 Maintaining and Troubleshooting VMware Cloud on AWS
• Accessing API with VMware Cloud on AWS
• Maintenance and support
• Common troubleshooting steps
10 Disaster Recovery Solution
• Site Recovery add-on service
• VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery™
11 Using Other VMware Products with the SDDC
• VMware vRealize® Log Insight Cloud™
• VMware Horizon® with VMware Cloud on AWS
• VMware vRealize® Automation Cloud™ add-on
• Using VMware vRealize® Operations™ with VMware Cloud on AWS
• Using VMware vRealize® Network Insight™ with VMware Cloud on AWS
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.