Trainers are facing increasing pressure to demonstrate their value in today's demanding environment. This comprehensive five-day program will equip trainers with the knowledge and skills they need to deliver engaging, interactive, and effective training.
Course objective and assessment
The assessment is in two parts:
Part one: Participants will plan and deliver a training session that is evaluated against the TAP® Training delivery assessment guidelines.
Part two: After the course, participants will implement actions agreed with the trainer and have them signed off by their manager. This confirmation will be sent to QA.
QA will check the submission and once confirmed, we will release the TAP® Learning Digital Badge in recognition of successful course completion and application of new skills.
The course includes:
- Pre-course planning.
- Evening revision and preparation.
- Five sessions covering the TAP® training delivery methodology and its related criteria.
- Each participant will prepare and deliver a training session on a topic of their choice.
- Post-course development activities.
This course is for trainers who are new to training or have been delivering training for under six months and wish to formalise their skills and knowledge with a recognised qualification. They do not need any previous qualifications in training. The course will help trainers who deliver virtually or face-to-face.
For face-to-face courses, we recommend that participants bring a laptop with them if they have one. If not, we can make alternative arrangements.
By the end of this course, participants will have learnt about:
- Factors affecting learning.
- Delivering of a participative learning experience.
- How to structure and prepare for a learning event.
- Questioning skills.
- How to establish and maintain confidence and credibility.
- Selecting and using learning methods and training aids.
Session 1: Factors Affecting Learning
- How training differs from presenting
- Understanding and overcoming learners’ concerns
- Managing learning overload
- The Learning Cycle
- The AGES model
- Implications for how trainers deliver learning
Session 2: Training Delivery Style
- Deliver with credibility, confidence, and enthusiasm
- Create a positive learning climate
- Encouraging participation
- Give praise and recognition to learners for their efforts
- Use training aids effectively
- Coach learners when necessary
Session 3: Training Session Structure
- Get a session off to a good start
- Be clear about outcomes
- Set a route map for the session
- Identify learners’ prior experience
- Build clear and well-structured content
- Deliver content efficiently and interactively
- Reinforce and consolidate key learning points
- Review learners’ progress
- Adapt your approach if necessary
- Review and conclude a session
Session 4 Learning Objectives and Assessments
- Write a clear and concise learning objective which includes the three essential elements
- Ensure that the three elements support each other
- Assess whether learners have achieved the learning objective
Session 5: Questioning Techniques
- Encourage learner participation
- Use questions to help learners generate their own insights and to take responsibility for their learning
- Handle learners’ questions effectively
The TAP Award Framework
QA’s TAP framework covers the full universe of learning and development functions, from learning design and delivery to needs analyses, workflow learning and facilitation. View our TAP Learning pathways organised by specialism below.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my Digital Badge?
Digital badges for individual courses will be issued automatically upon submission of approved learning at course completion.