- Manage OpenShift cluster operators and add operators.
- Automate OpenShift management tasks using Ansible® playbooks.
- Create and schedule cluster administration jobs.
- Implement GitOps workflows using Jenkins.
- Integrate OpenShift with enterprise authentication.
- Query and visualize cluster-wide logs, metrics, and alerts.
- Manage both shared, file-based storage and non-shared, block-based storage.
- Manage machine sets and machine configurations.
Audience for this offering
- Cluster engineers (systems administrators, cloud administrators, or cloud engineers) focused on planning, designing, and implementing production-grade OpenShift clusters. Cluster engineers require automation skills to scale their manpower to provision and manage an increasing population of clusters, applications, and users, at the same time ensuring these clusters remain in compliance with corporate standards.
- Site reliability engineers (SREs) focused on keeping OpenShift clusters and applications running without disruption. SREs are interested in troubleshooting infrastructure and application issues with OpenShift clusters and require automation skills to reduce the time to identify, diagnose, and remediate issues.
- Complete Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) and become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration.
- Complete Red Hat System Administration II (RH134) and become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator.
- Recommended, but not required: become a Red Hat Certified Systems Engineer or a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation. Basic knowledge about writing and running Ansible playbooks is required.
Delegates will learn how to
Impact on the organization
Impact on the individual
- Automating Day 2 tasks to establish production clusters with higher performance and availability.
- Integrating OpenShift with enterprise authentication, storage, CI/CD, and GitOps systems to improve productivity of IT operations and compliance with organization’s standards.
- Troubleshooting techniques to identify issues with cluster operators and compute capacity.
- Red Hat Security: Securing Containers and OpenShift (DO425)
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.