The certification for Foundation Level Extension - Agile Tester course is designed for professionals who are working within Agile environments. It is also for professionals who are planning to start implementing Agile methods in the near future, or are working within companies that plan to do so. The course provides an advantage for those who would like to know the required Agile activities, roles, methods, and methodologies specific to their role.
The course is aimed at four main groups of professionals:
- Professionals who have achieved in-depth testing experience in traditional methods and would like to get an Agile Tester Certificate.
- Junior professional testers who are just starting in the testing profession, have received the Foundation Level certificate, and would like to know more about the tester's role in an Agile environment.
- Professionals who are relatively new to testing and are required to implement test approaches, methods and techniques in their day to day job in Agile projects.
- Professionals who are experienced in their role (including unit testing) and need more understanding and knowledge about how to perform and manage testing on all levels in Agile projects.
These professionals include people who are in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, and software developers.
The course may also be appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing in the Agile world, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
Successful completion of the BCS ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing is a prerequisite to taking this course.
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- The different agile approaches
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Testing in Agile Projects
- Roles and skills of a tester in Agile Projects
- Agile testing techniques and methods
- Assess product quality risks within an Agile project
- Estimate testing effort based on iteration content and quality risks
- Tools in Agile Projects
Understand the fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- How the various agile approaches differ and understanding the concepts of the Agile Manifesto
- How the tester needs to adapt in the agile process for maximum effectiveness.
- Apply the various aspects relating to agile, such as: Writing and reviewing User Stories, Working in a continuous integrated environment and Performing agile retrospectives to improve the process
Apply the fundamental Agile testing principles, practices and processes
- How testing differs when working in an agile lifecycle compared to a more traditional lifecycle
- How to work in a highly collaborative and integrated environment.
- How independent testing can be used within an agile project
- How to report progress and the quality of the product to business stakeholders
- Understand the role and skills of a tester within an agile team
Know the key testing methods, techniques and tools to use within an Agile project
- Understand Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Driven Development (ADD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and the concepts of the Test Pyramid.
- Execute exploratory testing within an agile project
- Recognise the various tools available to the tester for the various agile activities
- Perform the role of a tester within a Scrum team: Perform test estimation and assess product quality risks within an agile project, Interpret the information produced during an agile project to support test activities, Write ADD test cases, Write test cases for both functional and non-functional user stories
The ISTQB exam is now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course
The ISTQB® Agile Testing exam is a 1 hour (and extra 15 minutes is given to people who do not have English as their first language), 40 question multiple-choice exam with the pass mark being 65%.
Delegates must hold the ISTQB® Foundation certificate in software testing in order to sit this exam.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.