The ISTQB exams are now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course.
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) is the standard for international qualifications in software testing at an advanced level. This course, with its large number of practical exercises and practice examination questions, fully prepares delegates for the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Test Manager examination. Whilst this course is focused on the syllabus, giving delegates the maximum chance of passing the examination, it also contains many real world practical examples.
The ISTQB exam is now available online via remote proctoring. Delegate can take the exam at any location at the time of their choosing. More information will be provided during the course
The ISTQB Advanced Level exam lasts three hours and consists of 65 scenario-based multiple-choice questions. An additional 45 minutes is allowed for candidates taking exams that are not in their native business language. No notes, study guides or books are allowed into the examination session. Candidates need to score at least 65% to pass the exam and be awarded their certificate.
To take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level qualifications, delegates must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate and it is also recommended that candidates holding a baccalaureate or equivalent degree in software engineering have a minimum of 3 years testing experience, or 5 years otherwise.
Delegates are also encouraged to spend more time than during the course to further their knowledge of software testing including reading the ISTQB Advanced Level syllabus prior to attending the course and considering some of the additional reading references listed in the syllabus. The syllabus is available online at http://www.istqb.org/downloads.html.
Many delegates have also taken additional hands-on training courses to prepare themselves to get the most benefit from this challenging course and examination.
Please contact us for further discussion on additional training or preparation that would suit you.
Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam. For any queries on this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This five day course follows the ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager syllabus and covers the following:
Basic aspects of software testing
- Review of the Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus
- Specific systems (application domains)
- Testing and the software development life cycle
- Test process
- Risk management
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Test policy
- Typical test strategies
- The test strategy document
- Master test plan
- Level test plan
- Test estimation
- Scheduling test planning
- Test monitoring, reporting and control
Test management issues
- Business Value of Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing
- Test management issues for exploratory testing
- Test management issues for systems of systems
- Test management issues for safety critical systems
- Other test management issues
- Principles of reviews
- Types of review
- Introducing Reviews
- Incident reports
- When can an incident be identified
- The incident management process or defect life cycle
- Defect fields
- Metrics and incident management
- Communicating incidents
- ISO Standards
- IEEE Standards
- BSI Standards
- Industry specific and other standards
Test process improvement
- The purpose of test process improvement
- Testing Maturity Model (TMM)
- Test Process Improvement (TPI)
- CTP (Critical Testing Process)
- STEP (Systematic Test and Evaluation Process)
- Improving the Test Process
- Capability Maturity Model Integration, CMMI
- Test tool concepts
- Test tools categories
- Individual skills
- Test team dynamics