Before enrolling in this course, you should have professional level knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic programming language concepts
- Basic understanding of virtualization
- Ability to use Linux and Command Line Interface (CLI) tools, such as Secure Shell (SSH) and bash
- CCNP level core networking knowledge
- CCNP level security networking knowledge
The following Cisco courses can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
- 'Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)'
- 'Introducing Automation for Cisco Solutions (CSAU)'
- 'Programming Use Cases for Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNAPUC)'
- Introducing Cisco Network Programmability (NPICNP)
- 'Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)'
Delegates will learn how to
The Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions (SAUI) v1.0 course teaches you how to design advanced automated security solutions for your network. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on labs, you will master the use of modern programming concepts, RESTful application program interfaces (APIs), data models, protocols, firewalls, web, Domain Name System (DNS), cloud, email security, and Cisco® Identity Services Engine (ISE) to strengthen cybersecurity for your web services, network, and devices. You will learn to work within the following platforms: Cisco Firepower® Management Center, Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, Cisco ISE, Cisco pxGrid, Cisco Stealthwatch® Enterprise, Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud, Cisco Umbrella®, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Cisco Threat grid, and Cisco Security Management Appliances. This course will teach you when to use the API for each Cisco security solution to drive network efficiency and reduce complexity.
This course prepares you for 300-735 Automating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions (SAUTO) certification exam.
This course will help you:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to use automation and programmability to design more efficient networks, increase scalability, and protect against cyberattacks
- Learn how to create APIs to streamline cloud-based, network security solutions for your organization
- Prepares you for the 300-735 SAUTO exam
What to expect in the exam
The 300-735 SAUTO exam certifies your knowledge and skills for implementing Security automated solutions including programming concepts, RESTful APIs, data models, protocols, firewalls, web, DNS, cloud, email security, and ISE.
After you pass 300-735 SAUTO exam, you earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist - Security Automation and Programmability certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for these professional-level certifications:
- CCNP® Security
- Cisco Certified DevNet Professional
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the overall architecture of the Cisco security solutions and how APIs help enable security
- Know how to use Cisco Firepower APIs
- Explain how pxGrid APIs function and their benefits
- Demonstrate what capabilities the Cisco Stealthwatch APIs offer and construct API requests to them for configuration changes and auditing purposes
- Describe the features and benefits of using Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud APIs
- Learn how to use the Cisco Umbrella Investigate API
- Explain the functionality provided by Cisco AMP and its APIs
- Describe how to use Cisco Threat Grid APIs to analyze, search, and dispose of threats
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.