Special NoticesIf both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
Before enrolling in this course, you should have professional level knowledge in the following areas:
- Basic programming language concepts
- Basic understanding of virtualization
- Ability to use Linux and Command Line Interface (CLI) tools, such as Secure Shell (SSH) and bash
- CCNP level core networking knowledge
- CCNP level security networking knowledge
The following Cisco courses can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
- 'Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)'
- 'Introducing Automation for Cisco Solutions (CSAU)'
- 'Programming Use Cases for Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNAPUC)'
- Introducing Cisco Network Programmability (NPICNP)
- 'Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR)'
Delegates will learn how to
The Implementing Automation for Cisco Security Solutions (SAUI) v1.0 course teaches you how to design advanced automated security solutions for your network. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on labs, you will master the use of modern programming concepts, RESTful application program interfaces (APIs), data models, protocols, firewalls, web, Domain Name System (DNS), cloud, email security, and Cisco® Identity Services Engine (ISE) to strengthen cybersecurity for your web services, network, and devices. You will learn to work within the following platforms: Cisco Firepower® Management Center, Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, Cisco ISE, Cisco pxGrid, Cisco Stealthwatch® Enterprise, Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud, Cisco Umbrella®, Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP), Cisco Threat grid, and Cisco Security Management Appliances. This course will teach you when to use the API for each Cisco security solution to drive network efficiency and reduce complexity.
This course prepares you for 300-735 Automating and Programming Cisco Security Solutions (SAUTO) certification exam.
This course will help you:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to use automation and programmability to design more efficient networks, increase scalability, and protect against cyberattacks
- Learn how to create APIs to streamline cloud-based, network security solutions for your organization
- Prepares you for the 300-735 SAUTO exam
What to expect in the exam
The 300-735 SAUTO exam certifies your knowledge and skills for implementing Security automated solutions including programming concepts, RESTful APIs, data models, protocols, firewalls, web, DNS, cloud, email security, and ISE.
After you pass 300-735 SAUTO exam, you earn the Cisco Certified DevNet Specialist - Security Automation and Programmability certification, and you satisfy the concentration exam requirement for these professional-level certifications:
- CCNP® Security
- Cisco Certified DevNet Professional
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the overall architecture of the Cisco security solutions and how APIs help enable security
- Know how to use Cisco Firepower APIs
- Explain how pxGrid APIs function and their benefits
- Demonstrate what capabilities the Cisco Stealthwatch APIs offer and construct API requests to them for configuration changes and auditing purposes
- Describe the features and benefits of using Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud APIs
- Learn how to use the Cisco Umbrella Investigate API
- Explain the functionality provided by Cisco AMP and its APIs
- Describe how to use Cisco Threat Grid APIs to analyze, search, and dispose of threats