The Implementing Automation for Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUI) v1.0 course teaches you how to implement Cisco® Data Center automated solutions including programming concepts, orchestration, and automation tools.
Through a combination of lessons and hands-on practice, you will manage the tools and learn the benefits of programmability and automation in the Cisco-powered Data Center.
You will examine Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (Cisco ACI®), Software-Defined Networking (SDN) for data center and cloud networks, Cisco Nexus® (Cisco NX-OS) platforms for device-centric automation, and Cisco Unified Computing System (Cisco UCS®) for Data Center compute.
This course prepares you for the 300-635 Automating Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUTO) certification exam. Introducing Automation for Cisco Solutions (CSAU) is required prior to enrolling in Implementing Automation for Cisco Data Center Solutions (DCAUI) because it provides crucial foundational knowledge essential to success.
Before taking this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic programming language concepts
- Basic understanding of virtualization and VMware
- Ability to use Linux and Command Line Interface (CLI) tools, such as Secure Shell (SSH) and bash
- CCNP level data center knowledge
- Foundational understanding of Cisco ACI
The following Cisco courses can help you gain the knowledge you need to prepare for this course:
- 'Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA)'
- 'Introducing Automation for Cisco Solutions (CSAU)'
- 'Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR)'
- 'Programming Use Cases for Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNAPUC)'
- Introducing Cisco Network Programmability (NPICNP)
Delegates will learn how to
This course will help you:
- Gain high-demand knowledge and skills in modern programming language to create powerful APIs that enhance network functioning
- Prepare for the 300-635 DCAUTO exam
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Leverage the tools and APIs to automate Cisco ACI powered data centers.
- Demonstrate workflows (configuration, verification, healthchecking, monitoring) using Python, Ansible, and Postman.
- Leverage the various models and APIs of the Cisco Nexus OS platform to perform day 0 operations, improve troubleshooting methodologies with custom tools, augment the CLI using scripts, and integrate various workflows using Ansible and Python.
- Describe the paradigm shift of Model Driven Telemetry and understand the building blocks of a working solution.
- Describe the Cisco Data Center compute solutions can be managed and automated using API centric tooling, by using the Python SDK, PowerTool, and Ansible modules to implement various workflows on Cisco UCS, Cisco IMC, Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco UCS Director, and Cisco Intersight.
- Describing the Cisco ACI Policy Model
- Describing the Cisco APIC REST API
- Using Python to Interact with the ACI REST API
- Using Ansible to Automate Cisco ACI
- Describing Cisco ACI Apps Center and Kubernetes Integration
- Introducing Cisco NX-OS Programmability
- Describing Day-Zero Provisioning with Cisco NX-OS
- Implementing On-Box Programmability and Automation with Cisco NX-OS
- Implementing Off-Box Programmability and Automation with Cisco NX-OS
- Understanding Model-Driven Telemetry
- Automating Cisco UCS Using Developer Tools
- Implementing Workflows Using Cisco UCS Director
- Describing Cisco DCNM
- Describing Cisco Intersight
- Use Cisco APIC Web GUI
- Discover the Cisco APIC REST API
- Use Postman with the APIC REST API
- Use Python with the Cisco APIC REST API
- Configure and Verify Cisco ACI Using Acitoolkit
- Use Cobra and Arya to Recreate a Tenant
- Manage Configuration Using Ansible
- Set Up a New Tenant the NetDevOps Way
- Create an Infrastructure Health Report
- Install an Application from the App Center on the Cisco APIC
- Power on Auto Provisioning on the Cisco Nexus 9000
- Use Bash and Guest-Shell on Cisco NX-OS
- Use Python to Enhance CLI Commands
- Trigger a Python Script Using Cisco Embedded Event Manager (EEM)
- Docker Containers on NX-OS
- Configure and Verify Using NX-API and Python
- Configure and Verify Using NETCONF/YANG
- Use Ansible with NX-OS
- Streaming Telemetry
- Connect, Query, and Modify Cisco UCS Manager Objects Using Cisco UCS PowerTool
- Discovery 21: Connect, Query, and Modify Cisco UCS Integrated Management Controller (IMC) Objects Using Cisco IMC PowerTool
- Utilize Cisco UCS Python Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Utilize Cisco IMC Python SDK
- Implement Ansible Playbooks to Modify and Verify the Configuration of Cisco UCS Manager
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.