Are you looking to deliver and manage projects in agile environments? Do you need to identify dependencies and blockers, enable rapid feedback and learning, and facilitate incremental value delivery?
The ICAgile Agile Project and Delivery Management (ICP-APM) certification focuses on the core components of agile project management. The course provides you with the skills, tools and techniques for successful Lean and agile project delivery and implementation.
This certification introduces core agile concepts such as servant leadership, adaptive planning, frequent feedback for learning, and a focus on value-driven versus plan-driven delivery.
Throughout the course you will take on the role of an Agile Project Manager to practice essential skills, developing an in-depth appreciation of the learning outcomes. During your learning experience you will compare and contrast agile delivery management with traditional management approaches understanding when to apply agile practices to projects. As a result of the course, you will be equipped with the principles and tools to apply agile project and delivery management in your own working environment.
Learning outcomes focus on delivering the right projects and products through empowering people, aligning on value, managing the system to enable high performance and adaptive planning at all levels the portfolio.
There are many different frameworks and approaches to delivery management. ICAgile does not endorse one over another, instead they encourage you to learn about various approaches and apply them in the appropriate way for the context you are in. There is no “one size fits all” approach and true agility comes from being able to adapt the approach to the environment, create opportunities for rapid delivery of value and get feedback from real customers quickly.
This certification is intended for Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Delivery Managers. It can also be valuable for professionals interested in Agile Project Management.
Upon completion of this course, you’ll earn the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Project and Delivery Management (ICP-APM) certificate.
Learners are required to have a grasp of fundamental Agile concepts.
- For those new to Agile working, we recommend completing the ICAgile Fundamentals course or an alternative foundation level agile certification.
- Existing knowledge or experience of project delivery management would be beneficial but not essential.
- For virtual delivery, learners will require the use of WebEx and the ability to access boards on Miro.com
Delegates will learn how to
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Comprehend the differences between traditional and Agile project management approaches to project management, including why Agile approaches are more applicable in uncertain environments
- Assess project contexts and recommend appropriate delivery modes for the project initiative.
- Evaluate and make recommendations about role definitions and role changes for an organisation adopting agile management practices.
- Define and recommend metrics to monitor and improve performance at the team or initiative level.
- Establish lightweight adaptive audit, compliance and governance approaches, articulating how delivery managers can encourage these in their organisation.
- Contrast aspects of agile contracting with traditional contracting approaches.
- Demonstrate empowering behaviours through a simulation activity.
- Apply value management techniques, considering multiple stakeholder perspectives and constraints and explain how continuous feedback increases value realization.
- Recommend changes to a team structure that will optimize communication and feedback.
- Prepare a value model and articulate how you will validate value.
- Define successful outcomes and recommend changes to optimize for global vs. local outcomes.
- Identify stakeholders in a project environment and apply techniques to ensure they are engaged continuously throughout project delivery
- Collaborate to produce plans and estimates for real-world and simulated examples
- Prepare a risk and constraints register for a simulated initiative demonstrating how risks could be leveraged to increase value delivery.
- Provide specific examples to communicate the importance of adaptive planning to leaders beyond the team.
- Create and use visual aids to communicate progress to various types of stakeholders.
During this three-day course, you will explore the ICAgile Project and Delivery Manager theory and concepts while putting tools and techniques into action.
The learning experience is underpinned by a simulated business challenge, enabling you to practice the skills needed to become an effective (or more effective) Project or Delivery professional.
You will learn in a collaborative environment with one of QAs Agile expert trainers.
Throughout the course, you explore and work through the following topics:
- Delivery agility
- Delivery modes
- Impact on management
- Manage the system, empower the team
- Optimizing the system
- Navigating governance & contracts
- Empowering high-performance
- Structuring for rapid feedback
- Deliver value continuously
- Identifying and communicating value
- Defining successful delivery
- Leveraging constraints
- Planning and monitoring
- Adaptive planning
As you progress through the course you will apply the tools and techniques individually and as part of a team. You capture your learning as you go, creating your own Project and Delivery artifacts, which will enable you to achieve the ICAgile Certified Professional in Project and Delivery Management (ICP-APM) certificate.
Certification is gained through attendance and full participation, including learner demonstration of successfully applying the theory to hypothetical scenarios throughout the event.
The trainer will ask for an email address to be passed to ICAgile so that an electronic questionnaire about the event can be provided. Filling in this questionnaire is a prerequisite to receiving your accreditation.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.