This course prepares you to use the HP NonStop Development Environment for Eclipse (NSDEE) to develop, build, and deploy applications for the Integrity NonStop and Integrity NonStop BladeSystem. Topics include the installation of Eclipse, NSDEE and prerequisite products, the use of the supplied skeleton programs, the accessing of SQL/MP and SQL/MX databases, the inclusion of existing code, and the use of the Eclipse debugger and Visual Inspect. Languages covered are C/C++, COBOL, pTAL, and Java. The 2-day course is 60 percent lecture and 40 percent hands-on labs using HP servers.
• Application developers
• System analysts
• Technical support personnel
• Concepts and Facilities for HP NonStop Systems (U4147S) and
• At least six months development experience on NonStop servers
Delegates will learn how to
• Install Eclipse, NSDEE, and prerequisite products
• Use NSDEE to generate, edit, compile, and deploy applications
• Change NSDEE configuration options and project properties
• Debug applications using the Eclipse debugger or Visual Inspect
• Convert existing ETK projects to NSDEE
Module 1 - Introduction
• Eclipse background and key features of NSDEE
• Benefits of using Eclipse with NSDEE
• Project types
Module 2 - Installation
• Installation requirements and steps
• Cygwin or Msys installation
• Cross compiler installation
• Eclipse, CDT and NSDEE installation
• Starting Eclipse
• The NonStop Development perspective
• Lab: installing Eclipse, CDT and NSDEE
Module 3 - Basic Operations
• Creating a project
• Getting help
• Editing, building, and deploying a project
• Defining network connections
• Launching an application from Eclipse
• Lab: create and deploy a simple application
Module 4 - Additional Operations
• Using existing source files
• Creating new build configurations
• Changing compiler and linker properties
• Using the included tools
• Accessing Guardian procedures
• Using DEFINES with COBOL libraries
• Eclipse local history feature
• Backing up and restoring projects and files
• Remote file editing
• Lab: create and deploy an application using existing source files
Module 5 - NSDEE Debugging
• Creating debug configurations
• Controlling execution
• Displaying and changing data variables
• Watch expressions
• Accessing Native Inspect commands
• Analyzing snapshot/saveabend files
• Debugging a running process
• Lab: Use the Eclipse debugger to debug applications in different
Module 6 - Visual Inspect
• Starting Visual Inspect
• Application and program control views
• Controlling execution
• Displaying and changing data variables
• Watch windows
• Source file assignment
• Lab: use Visual Inspect to debug applications in different languages
Module 7 - Using SQL
• Installing and accessing ODBC/MX
• SQL/MX preprocessors
• Creating projects with SQL/MX or SQL/MP
• Removing incorrect error indicators
• SQL/MP requirements
• SCA broker
• Lab: create and deploy projects that use SQL/MX and SQL/MP
Module 8 - Java Projects
• Creating a Java project
• Deployable JAR files
• Executing on NonStop systems
• Accessing JToolkit
• Using the Eclipse debugger and NonStop Java
• Lab: create and debug a Java project
Module 9 - Remote Projects
• Creating remote Guardian and OSS projects
• Remote build operations
• Simultaneous file update detection
Module 10 - Miscellaneous Topics
• Displaying configuration information
• Installation history
• Error logs
Module 11 - Converting ETK Projects
• The migration utility
• Propagated properties
• Adjusting properties
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.