- Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform. It provides the foundation you need to work on networks anywhere.
- CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers the specific skills that network engineers need. Other certifications are so broad, they don’t cover the hands-on skills and precise knowledge needed to in today’s networking environments.
- New updates to the CompTIA Network+ exam domains:
- Network architecture appears on the exam for the first time, including software-defined networking, ensuring that candidates understand network integrations and the cutting-edge technologies being used in deployments. Emerging wireless standards and technologies are covered to allow businesses flexibility and maximal security when deploying networks.
- Because constant access to both internal networks and SaaS applications drives productivity, network performance monitoringand high availability are covered as separate objectives.
- Network security has been streamlined to focus on the critical aspects of hardening networks against malicious attacks and the secure execution of network deployments to protect against unintended data breaches.
Target Audience / Top Network+ Job Titles
- Junior Network Administrator
- Datacenter Support Technician
- Network Engineer System Administrator
- NOC Technician
- Telecommunications Technician
- Cable Technician
Delegates will learn how to
- IP addressing and connecting networks
- Wireless standards and technologies
- Network availability
- Securing and hardening networks
- Networking Fundamentals (24%)
- Network Implementations (19%)
- Network Operations (16%)
- Network Security (19%)
- Compare and contrast the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model layers and encapsulation concepts
- Explain the characteristics of network topologies and network types
- Summarize the types of cables and connectors and explain which is the appropriate type for a solution
- Configure a subnet and use appropriate IP addressing schemes
- Explain common ports and protocols, their application, and encrypted alternatives
- Explain the use and purpose of network services
- Explain basic corporate and datacenter network architecture
- Summarize cloud concepts and connectivity options
- Compare and contrast various devices, their features, and their appropriate placement on the network
- Compare and contrast routing technologies and bandwidth management concepts
- Configure and deploy common Ethernet switching features
- Install and configure the appropriate wireless standards and technologies
- Use the appropriate statistics and sensors to ensure network availability
- Explain the purpose of organizational documents and policies
- Explain high availability and disaster recovery concepts and summarize which is the best solution
- Explain common security concepts.
- Compare and contrast common types of attacks
- Apply network hardening techniques
- Compare and contrast remote access methods and security implications
- Explain the importance of physical security
- Explain the network troubleshooting methodology
- Troubleshoot common cable connectivity issues and select the appropriate tools
- Use the appropriate network software tools and commands
- Troubleshoot common wireless connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot general networking issues
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.