Please note the PECB Exam for this course is a remote proctored exam taken on the PECB proctor platform, delegates will receive an exam voucher and take the remote proctored exam after the course.
ISO 22301 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques. During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise for performing this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to audit organizations based on best practices.
A fundamental understanding of ISO 22301 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a Business Continuity Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Business Continuity Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for a Business Continuity Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Business Continuity Management
- Understand the operations of a Business Continuity Management System based on ISO 22301
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22301 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO 22301 in the context of a BCMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
ISO 22301 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to perform a Business Continuity Management
System (BCMS) audit by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
Day 1 Introduction to Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS) and ISO 22301
- Course objectives and structure
- Standards and regulatory frameworks
- Certification process
- Fundamental principles of Business Continuity Management Systems Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
Day 2 Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
- Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Evidence based audit approach
- Initiating the audit
- Stage 1 audit
- Preparing the stage 2 audit (on-site audit)
- Stage 2 audit (Part 1)
Day 3 On-site audit activities
- Stage 2 audit (Part 2)
- Communication during the audit
- Audit procedures
- Creating audit test plans
- Drafting audit findings and non-conformity reports
Day 4 Closing the audit
- Documentation of the audit and the audit quality review
- Closing the audit
- Evaluating action plans by the auditor
- Benefits of the initial audit
- Managing an internal audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors
Remote PECB Proctored Exam
Results will be communicated by email in a period of 6 to 8 weeks, after taking the exam. The results will not include the exact grade of the candidate, only a mention of pass or fail. Candidates who successfully complete the examination will be able to apply for a certified scheme which is explained in the course description. In the case of a failure, the results will be accompanied with the list of domains in which the candidate had failed to provide guidance for exams’ retake preparation. Candidates, who disagree with the exam results, may file a complaint by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or through PECB ticketing system.
The “PECB Certified ISO 22301 Lead Auditor” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The 3hr exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1 Fundamental principles and concepts of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Domain 2 Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Domain 3 Fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Domain 4 Preparation of an ISO 22301 audit
- Domain 5 Conducting an ISO 22301 audit
- Domain 6 Closing an ISO 22301 audit
- Domain 7 Managing an ISO 22301 audit program