- Attendance of the MAZ9000 course, or MAZ9000-TL or the same knowledge
- An understanding of core technical concepts, including DNS, Networking, Identities, and software deployment methods
- An understanding of virtualisation and building resources in Azure
- Experience with Azure at a fundamental level
Delegates will learn how to
- Build virtual networks and manage the security for them
- Migrate vms from on premises
- Set up hybrid connectivity from on-premises into Azure for both offices and homes
- Deploy a bastion to allow secure connectivity to Azure without exposing unnecessary ports
- Build virtual machines in the most efficient way
- Use templates to redeploy resources and ensure consistency
- Use the serial console to work with resources to connect to and troubleshoot virtual machines
- Use the compute gallery to store applications and images for efficient deployment of vms
- Manage storage in Azure and work with backups
- Consider and choose the appropriate SQL database import options
- Migrate a dot.net application from their on-premises environment
- Work with App services
- Use logic apps and automation accounts to enhance automation
- Monitor resources built in Azure and have a way of visualising what is happening across their Azure environment
- Cloud Adoption Framework
- Best practices
- Importance of naming
- Policies for enforcing consistency
- Introduction to Virtual networks
- Azure DNS
- Network security
- What is Azure Migrate
- Azure migrate options
- Discovery and assessment
- Overview of connectivity in Azure
- Azure Bastion
- VPN Gateway
- Site to site connections
- Point to site connections
- Planning Considerations
- Managing virtual machines
- Using the Compute gallery for Images
- Using the Compute gallery for applications
- Overview of Cloud shell
- Tools and editors available
- Uploading files
- Predictive intellisense
- Overview of storage and data
- Using storage accounts
- Backup of data
- Azure SQL
- SQL databases
- Overview of hosting options
- App service
- App service migration
- Logic apps
- Introduction to Azure Monitor metrics
- Visualisation with Dashboards
- Analyse with Metric explorer
- Responding to metric alert rules
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.