In this two-day course, you learn the fundamental techniques for implementing a modern Windows 10 management solution with VMware Workspace ONE®. Through a combination of hands-on labs, simulations, and interactive lectures, you investigate various methods for onboarding, securing, enabling, and maintaining Windows 10 with Workspace ONE. Through a detailed evaluation of your options, you will establish the foundation of a modern management strategy that fits your organization's needs.
Before taking this course, you should have completed one of the following courses:
• VMware Workspace ONE: Skills for UEM [V21.x]
• VMware Workspace ONE: UEM Bootcamp [21.x]
The courses mentioned above teach the foundational knowledge, skills, and techniques required to effectively deploy, manage, and implement the Workspace ONE UEM solution. Without this training or extensive experience with the Workspace ONE platform, the topics addressed in this course will be difficult to contextualize and implement. VMware Workspace ONE: Advanced Integration [21.x] teaches complex configurations associated with the full Workspace ONE platform.
Delegates will learn how to
• Identify the Windows 10 management capabilities provided by the Workspace ONE solution to resolve
traditional Windows management challenges
• Evaluate onboarding methodologies for Windows 10 devices
• Improve Windows 10 device security and the patch management experience by using the Workspace ONE
security capabilities, including Profiles, Compliance, Baselines, Scripts, and Sensors
• Distribute Windows 10 software, including Windows Store for Business and native Windows applications,
to enrolled Windows 10 devices to streamline access to business-critical Windows software
• Implement intelligence-driven vulnerability monitoring and identify actionable steps to resolve issues
1 Course Introduction
• Introductions and course logistics
• Course objectives
2 Windows Management
• Identify the key challenges of traditional Windows management solutions in device management, security,
and user enablement
• Outline the device management capabilities provided by Workspace ONE that resolve Windows 10 device
management challenges with Windows Security Management
• Summarize the security management capabilities provided by Workspace ONE that address Windows 10
security management challenges
• Describe how the Workspace ONE solution enables the unified catalog and self-service capabilities to
improve the end-user experience
3 Device Onboarding
• Describe the benefits of onboarding Windows 10 endpoints to Workspace ONE
• Onboard Windows 10 devices using the agent-based enrollment method
• Onboard Windows 10 devices using command line enrollment
• Onboard Windows 10 devices using one of the Microsoft Azure AD enrollment options
• Onboard Windows 10 devices using the factory provisioning experience
• Onboard Windows 10 devices using VMware ONE® AirLift™
4 Device Security
• Outline the capabilities in Workspace ONE UEM that improve Windows 10 device security
• Deploy profiles to Windows 10 devices to enforce corporate security requirements
• Deploy baselines to Windows 10 devices to ensure that they are compliant with defined Windows 10
• Construct a modern Windows 10 update and patch management strategy based upon your business
• Deploy sensors to Windows 10 devices to collect custom metrics
• Deploy scripts to Windows 10 devices to execute customized commands
• List the additional Windows 10 security management benefits provided by VMware Carbon Black
5 Software Distribution
• Outline the software distribution and management capabilities provided by Workspace ONE UEM
• Integrate Microsoft Store for Business with Workspace ONE UEM and distribute Microsoft Store for
Business applications to Windows 10 devices
• Articulate the importance of establishing a content distribution network for Windows software distribution
and configure Peer Distribution
• Manage existing Windows applications and software in your Workspace ONE UEM console based upon
your unique business requirements, including managing application updates, transformations, and
• Migrate existing Windows software packages from Configuration Manager to Workspace ONE UEM
6 Administration and Maintenance
• Implement Workspace ONE Intelligence to monitor Windows 10 devices
• Interpret Risk Score assessments to formulate a resolution plan
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.