The two-day, Veeam® Backup & Replication™ v11: Architecture and Design training course, is focused on teaching IT professionals how to effectively architect a Veeam solution through attaining technical excellence following the Veeam Architecture Methodology used by Veeam’s own Solution Architects. During the two days, attendees will explore the goals of requirement gathering and infrastructure assessment, and use that information to design Veeam solutions within team exercises. Attendees will analyze considerations when turning logical designs into physical designs and describe the obligations to the implementation team that will implement that design. Other topics covered will include security, governance and validation impacts when architecting a Veeam solution and how to build these into the overall design. Attendees should expect to contribute to team exercises, present designs and defend decision making.
Completion of this course satisfies the prerequisite for taking the Veeam Certified Architect (VMCA) exam, the highest level of Veeam certification. VMCA certification proves knowledge of architecture and design concepts, highlighting the level of skill required to efficiently architect a Veeam solution in a range of real-world environments.
Senior Engineers and Architects responsible for creating architectures for Veeam environments.
Ideally VMCE certified, attendees should have extensive commercial experience with Veeam and a broad sphere of technical knowledge of servers, storage, networks, virtualization and cloud environments.
Delegates will learn how to
After completing this course attendees should be able to:
• Design and architect a Veeam solution in a real-world environment
• Describe best practices, review an existing infrastructure and assess business/project requirements • Identify relevant infrastructure metrics and perform component (storage, CPU, memory) quantity sizing
• Provide implementation and testing guidelines in line with designs • Innovatively address design challenges and pain points, matching appropriate Veeam Backup & Replication features with requirements
• Review the architecture principles
• Explore what a successful architecture looks like
• Review Veeam’s architecture methodology
• Analyze the existing environment
• Uncover relevant infrastructure metrics
• Uncover assumptions and risks
• Identify complexity in the environment
• Review scenario and data from discovery phase
• Identify logical groups of objects that will share resources based on requirements
• Create a set of detailed tables of business and technical requirements, constraints, assumptions and risks
• Review infrastructure data with each product component in mind
• Create high level design and data flow
• Match critical components and features of VBR with requirements
• Create logical groupings • Determine location of components and relationship to logical grouping
• Aggregate totals of component resources needed per logical grouping
• Calculate component (storage, CPU, memory) quantity sizing
• Convert the logical design into a physical design
• Physical hardware sizing
• Create a list of physical Veeam backup components
Implementation and Governance
• Review physical design and implantation plan
• Review Veeam deployment hardening
• Describe the architect’s obligations to the implementation team
• Provide guidance on implementation specifics that relate to the design
Validation and Iteration
• Provide framework for how to test the design
• Further develop the design according to a modification scenario
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.