Accessing your courseware and registering attendance with Microsoft
There are no specific pre-requisites for this course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Use SQL Server query tools
- Write SELECT statements to retrieve columns from one or more tables
- Sort and filter selected data
- Use built-in functions to returned data values
- Create groups of data and aggregate the results
- Modify data with Transact-SQL using INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and MERGE
- Introduction to Transact-SQL
- Using the SELECT statement
- Lab : Get started with SQL Server query tools and writing queries in T-SQL
- Using a query tool to write and execute queries in Transact-SQL
- Understand the basic concepts of relational database and the T-SQL language
- Write SELECT statements to retrieve data from a relational database table
- Understand basic datatypes and how they are used
- Understand the basics of NULL values
- Sorting query results
- Filtering the data
- Lab : Sort and filter data returned by SELECT queries
- Use ORDER BY to sort results from a T-SQL SELECT statement
- Add a TOP clause to limit the ordered rows returned
- Page the sorted data with OFFSET-FET
- Write WHERE clauses to filter the rows returned
- Use DISTINCT to eliminate duplicate rows in the results
- Using JOIN operations
- Using subqueries
- Lab : Write queries with JOIN operations
- Lab : Write SELECT statements using subqueries
- Write queries accessing data from multiple tables using JOIN operations
- Understand the differences between type of JOIN operations: INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, CROSS JOIN
- Understand how to join a table to itself with a self-join
- Write subqueries within a SELECT statement
- Understand the difference between scalar and multi-valued subqueries
- Understand the difference between correlated and self-contained subqueries
- Getting started with scalar functions
- Grouping aggregated results
- Lab : Built-in functions
- Write queries using scalar functions
- Write queries using aggregate functions
- Use GROUP BY to combine data into groups based on a common column value
- Understand how HAVING is used to filter groups of rows
- Inserting data into tables
- Modifying and deleting data
- Lab : Modify data
- Insert data into an existing table
- Specify that a column should be automatically populating with an IDENTITY or a SEQUENCE value
- Modify data using the UPDATE statement
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.