“Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people.”
Steve Jobs, Founder of Apple
About this course
As a leader, you need to be able to create and drive collaboration and teamwork, creating a team vision and gaining the emotional commitment of your people to that vision. Collaboration is key. We have to pull together to accelerate performance, build partnerships and create connections across teams, functions and outside our business.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- What does a great team look like?
- How do I create a compelling vision for my team?
- How do I get my team to invest in the team purpose and vision?
This highly participative workshop explores the importance of teamwork and collaboration, as well as how a powerful shared vision can unite a team behind great performance.
This ½ day session is suitable for anyone who wants to understand more about team-working, collaboration and creating a team vision.
- Differentiate between a work group and a team – and how your team fits in
- Value the importance of emotional engagement
- Distinguish between company vision and team objectives
- Create a vision statement for your team
- Get buy-in to the team vision
- Appraise your skills in communicating a team vision
What will the course cover?
- What’s a team?
- The importance of emotional engagement
- Creating a team vision
- Review and practice
- Action plan