“Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.”
Alfred A Montapert, Author
About this course
We are always learning, always looking for new, innovative ideas and solutions. We learn as much from the times we don’t get it right as from the times we do. We need to see problems as challenges and opportunities to innovate and improve, rather than barriers.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- Is there a structured way I can approach problem solving?
- How can I shift my team’s perception of problems and problem solving?
- How do I make sure I’m addressing the right problem?
- How do I and my team come up with more creative and innovative ideas?
This highly participative and fun half-day workshop explores the core elements of the problem solving cycle – a structured approach to problem solving, looking at how to clearly define and analyse problems, as well as coming up with creative ideas to solve them.
This course is aimed at new leaders who want to improve their approach to problem solving and creative idea generation.
- How problems can be opportunities
- Identifying and analysing workplace problems
Using creative techniques to identify possible solutions to problems
What will the course cover?
- Welcome and introductions
- What’s a problem?
- The problem solving cycle
- Defining the problem
- Analysing problems
- Generating options
- Putting it into practice
- Review and action planning