“Resilience isn't a single skill. It's a variety of skills and coping mechanisms. To bounce back from bumps in the road as well as failures, you should focus on emphasizing the positive.”
Jean Chatzky – American Journalist
About this course
This interactive workshop explores the nature of resilience, the factors that underpin it, and tools to develop your resilience in a world that is becoming increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous.
People who attend this course often ask us:
- How can I manage my stress more effectively?
- How can I build my resilience?
- How can I work more effectively under pressure?
- How can I improve my work-life balance?
Resilience is key in dealing with the challenges of life. Developing your resilience can help you reduce your stress levels, ‘bounce back’ from setbacks, as well as increasing your performance, job satisfaction and work-life balance.
This course is suitable for managers and employees who want to build their personal resilience and capability.
- Define resilience in your own words and understand why it is important
- Recognise the relationship between pressure and stress as well as your own physical, emotional, behavioural and cognitive symptoms of stress
- Learn the key ingredients for resilience
- Challenge negative thinking patterns
- Identify your social support network and where support may need strengthening
- Pinpoint key lifestyle factors which impact on your natural level of resilience.
What will the course cover?
- Define stress, resilience, wellbeing and performance
- Resilience and adaptability in a VUCA world
- Confidence and purpose
- Lifestyle factors
- Social support
- Action planning