“Speak in such a way that others want to listen to you. Listen in such a way that others want to speak to you”
A key role for any manager is to be able to give feedback in an effective way to ensure that team members are consistently giving their best efforts and delivering results.
Managers also need to feel confident in having conversations with their staff on performance, attendance and sickness issues and discussing the behaviours that support the business values.
This ½ day session is is designed to give you the confidence, skills and techniques to ensure you can have conversations with staff in all situations and achieve a positive outcome for yourself, the individual and your organisation.
You will learn how to:
- Be more confident in having performance discussions with your team
- Understand how to give positive motivational feedback and developmental feedback
- Deliver messages you find difficult
- Give feedback constructively
- Use behaviours that invite reasonable responses
- Use questions to direct the conversation away from conflict to dialogue
The five stage process for the conversation
- Stage 1 Building rapport
- Stage 2 Explaining the meeting purpose
- Stage 3 Working through the issue
- Stage 4 Agree objectives and standards
- Stage 5 End on a positive