“Most people simply don't view going to meetings as doing work.”
William Daniels – American Actor
Making an impact in meetings is incredibly important because it provides you with the opportunity to interact with and influence other people.
People who attend this ½ day session often ask us:
- How do I participate in and/or run an effective meeting?
- How do I handle challenging people in meetings?
- How do I ensure meetings are productive?
- How do I ensure meetings are not a waste of time?
If you are able you to generate contributions to meetings that will make a real difference and present yourself in a professional manner it will help you build your confidence and take control.
This session explores different types of meetings, barriers to effective meetings and looks at how you participate and lead a meeting. The session also addresses dealing with distracting tactics in a meeting.
This ½ day session is suitable for anyone who runs or attends meetings and wishes to enhance their personal impact.
- Identify the different types of meeting and reasons for holding them
- Identify the roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrate setting a well-structured agenda
- Recognise how to structure, run and close a meeting and set action points
- Anticipate distracting tactics in meetings, and be able to counter them
- Tips and techniques for running different types of meetings
- Types of meetings
- Barriers to effective meetings
- The roles and responsibilities
- Setting the agenda
- Handling distracting tactics
- Be prepared
- Tips and techniques
- Action plan