This gamification data protection workshop uses a unique board game, WiCompli, to deliver innovative and fun experiential learning.
This dynamic workshop brought to you by WiCompli, aims to teach delegates the core elements of and changes to data protection introduced by the DPA 2018, including the changes post Brexit, in a fun and innovative way.
This workshop is aimed at those who want a fresh approach to tackling and embedding the key changes brought about by the DPA 2018 or for those who need to further develop their understanding of the revisions to data protection law. It is designed for delegates who work with, or will work with, personal data on a regular basis. The content provides extensive cover of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) & DPA 2018, practical application and core concepts of practical data protection compliance.
It is also suitable for those who have specific data protection responsibilities, including DPOs, in your business or organisation as it provides additional content relating to demonstrating accountability and compliance with data protection requirements.
Delegates should have a basic awareness of data protection.
- The main concepts & principles of the DPA 2018 (GDPR)
- Understand the key elements and enhancements from the DPA 2018 (GDPR)
- Understand the risks and implications from individual action and organisational practice
- Recap and increase knowledge of good practice in Data Protection
- Develop a deeper understanding, competence, and confidence in relation to Data Protection principles and the GDPR
- Debate and explore solutions to Data Protection related scenarios
- Recognise the risks and implications of the legislation on individuals and for organisations
- Understand how to make behavioural and systematic changes to improve how personal data is managed.
- Explore the key changes to the Data Protection legislation post Brexit and the implications
Content covers the following subjects:
- Knowledge of DPA 2018 (GDPR)
- Information Security
- Information Rights
- Lawful processing
- Data Breaches
- Accountability & Governance
- Post Brexit changes
This content is covered through the following steps:
Step 1 – Watch online animated video covering key content
Step 2 – Engage in Practical WiCompli session
- Fact based questions to consolidate underpinning knowledge
- Scenario based questions to encourage application of knowledge in day to day situations
- Enforcement and chance encounters that provide awareness of the risks and implications for non-compliance as well as the benefits of pursuing good practice
Step 3 – Complete online Assessment and obtain completion certificate