This Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) & Dark Web boot camp will provide delegates with skills to become efficient and effective at finding those key pieces of intelligence on the Internet and Dark Web. There are a number of key technologies that have allowed The Dark Web to flourish, from cryptocurrency to software that allows anonymity such as Tor. Cyber-crime is at the fore-front of criminal innovation. This boot camp is a practical course, allowing delegates the time to explore and understand some of the tools and techniques used by cyber defender and cyber-crime investigators.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however, participants are expected to have a basic understanding of computers and the internet.
About the course author
I was a senior investigating officer working in law enforcement with over 31 years’ experience of working in the various government agencies including National Crime Agency. I have handled numerous cases involving drug trafficking, money laundering, endangered species, fraud, tackling child abuse online, extortion, hacking, and various other computer crimes. I am advanced mobile and digital Forensics practitioner. I have utilised my open source intelligence skills to locate and identify individuals and criminal organisations online. A founding member of the elite team called the National Hi-Tech Crime Unit, set up in 2001 to tackle with online threats. Mark worked in partnership with Europol and Interpol Mark was instrumental in dismantling a highly sophisticated international online paedophile organisation. I have also delivered training in Europol on child abuse online Open source intelligence.
Specialist Areas/Professional Qualifications
Open Source Intelligence, Digital Forensics (mobile and digital forensics), Legal (Law enforcement) & Cyber Security Fundamentals.
I have been a senior investigating officer working in law enforcement with over 15 years’ experience of working in the National Crime Agency, National crime Squad, HM Customs and Excise, UK Border Agency, Home Office and HM Revenue and Customs. I have handled numerous cases involving drug trafficking, money laundering, endangered species, fraud, tackling child abuse online, extortion, hacking, and various other computer crimes. I am Mobile and Digital Forensics practitioner for covert and overt use.
- Module 1 – Basics of the Internet and Devices
- Module 2 – Strategy and Following Each Lead
- Module 3 – Digital Footprints
- Module 4 – Legislation, Preserving & Recording Captures
- Module 5 – Search Engines
- Module 6 – Deep Web
- Module 7 – Background of the Dark Web
- Module 8 – Tor Privacy and Security
- Module 9 – Tor Hidden Services
- Module 10 – Tor Virtual Environments & Applications
- Module 11 – Other Dark Webs
- Module 12 – People and Companies
- Module 13 – Investigating Email
- Module 14 – Image and Video Searching
- Module 15 – Social Media
- Module 16 – Facebook and Messenger
- Module 17 – Twitter
- Module 18 – Other Social Media
- Module 19 – Cryptocurrencies
- Module 20 – Advanced Open Source Tools