This Oracle Database: Introduction to SQL training helps you write subqueries, combine multiple queries into a single query using SET operators and report aggregated data using group functions. Learn this and more through hands-on exercises.
- Understand the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML).
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Control privileges at the object and system level.
- Create indexes and constraints; alter existing schema objects.
- Create and query external tables.
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Learn Advanced Features of SQL
This course will help you understand the advanced features of SQL. Learning these features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects. Some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL through expert instruction.
Use Development Tools
The main development tool used in this training is Oracle SQL Developer. SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool. This is appropriate for a 10g, 11g and 12c audience.
Note: This course is a combination of Oracle Database: SQL Workshop I and Oracle Database: SQL Workshop II courses.
- Systems Administrator
There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
Delegates will learn how to
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 12c
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Write SELECT statements that include queries
- Retrieve row and column data from tables
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) in Oracle Database 12c
- Create tables to store data
- Utilize views to display data
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manage schema objects
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Write multiple-column sub-queries
- Employ SQL functions to retrieve customized data
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins
- Managing Tables using DML statements
- Creating Sequences, Synonyms, Indexes
- Retrieving Data by Using Subqueries
- Manipulating Data
- Retrieving Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
- Introduction to Data Definition Language
- Creating Views
- Manipulating Data by Using Subqueries
- Managing Data in Different Time Zones
- Restricting and Sorting Data
- Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- Using the SET Operators
- Introduction to Data Dictionary Views
- Managing Schema Objects
- Controlling User Access
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.