Official Oracle Curriculum
This course offers you an introduction to Oracle Database 12c database technology. You will learn the concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language. Discover essential SQL skills that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables and create database objects.
- Understand SQL statements, as well as the Oracle Relational Database.
- Use SQL Developer.
- Write reports using SQL statements.
- Manipulate data in relational tables and save the data.
- Understand the concepts of relational databases and the powerful SQL programming language.
- Write reports using SQL Statements
Benefits to You:
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Use Single Row Functions:
This Oracle Database course will also teach you how to use single row functions to customize output. Explore using conversion functions and conditional expressions, along with use group functions to report aggregated data.
Reinforce Your Knowledge through Hands-On Exercises:
Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce the fundamental concepts you'll delve into in this course. You will discover and use Oracle SQL Developer as the main environment tool for writing SQL. SQL*Plus is also introduced as an optional tool
- Forms Developer
- Functional Implementer
- System Analysts
- Application Developers
- PL/SQL Developer
- Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques
- Familiarity with programming languages
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Delegates will learn how to
- Define the goals of the course
- List the features of Oracle Database 12c
- Describe the salient features of Oracle Cloud 12c
- Discuss the theoretical and physical aspects of a relational database
- Describe Oracle server's implementation of RDBMS and object relational database management system (ORDBMS)
- Identify the development environments that can be used for this course
- Describe the database and schema used in this course
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Overview of Oracle Database 12c and Related Products
- Overview of relational database management concepts and terminologies
- Introduction to SQL and its development environments
- What is Oracle SQL Developer?
- Starting SQL*Plus from Oracle SQL Developer
- The Human Resource(HR) Schema
- Tables used in the Course
Retrieving Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Capabilities of the SELECT statement
- Arithmetic expressions and NULL values in the SELECT statement
- Column aliases
- Use of concatenation operator, literal character strings, alternative quote operator, and the DISTINCT keyword
- Use of the DESCRIBE command
Restricting and Sorting Data
- Limiting the Rows
- Rules of precedence for operators in an expression
- Substitution Variables
- Using the DEFINE and VERIFY command
Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Describe the differences between single row and multiple row functions
- Manipulate strings with character function in the SELECT and WHERE clauses
- Manipulate numbers with the ROUND, TRUNC and MOD functions
- Perform arithmetic with date data
- Manipulate dates with the date functions
Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Describe implicit and explicit data type conversion
- Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE conversion functions
- Nest multiple functions
- Apply the NVL, NULLIF, and COALESCE functions to data
- Use conditional IF THEN ELSE logic in a SELECT statement
Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- Group Functions
- Creating Groups of Data
- Restricting Group Results
Displaying Data From Multiple Tables Using Joins
- Introduction to JOINS
- Types of Joins
- Natural join
- Non equijoins
- OUTER join
Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
- Introduction to Subqueries
- Single Row Subqueries
- Multiple Row Subqueries
Using the SET Operators
- Set Operators
- UNION and UNION ALL operator
- INTERSECT operator
- MINUS operator
- Matching the SELECT statements
- Using ORDER BY clause in set operations
Managing Tables using DML statements
- Data Manipulation Language
- Database Transactions
Introduction to Data Definition Language
- Data Definition Language
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.